Pages

My Radar is Not Working

It was 10:45pm. We were at a road junction somewhere in Yishun.

The red light was on and we were like the 5th car in the queue.

By the time i looked back on the road, the 4th car in front of us already way in front of us. Ayah was scrubbing his eyes.

Ayah: My radar is not working lah tonight....

Mummy: ZZZZzzzz....

Me: .........?

Ayah: Cos my radar is SLEEPING!

LOL!!!!!!!



Mummy is the designated co-pilot. Would warn ayah, "Bang! Dekatnye Bang!" (So Close, darling!) or "Careful Sayang, careful!" It's not enough that she said that, but she would say that in such an URGENT and panicky tone and sometimes she would bang the dashboard ala Driving Instructor.


Before marriage, I have simply ignored it. But after Zubair came into the picture, i joined in the amusement. Giving each other knowing smiles each time she does that.


Until that time when i drove and Zubair was next to me. And just as i was making a turn, Zubair mimicked mummy in a shrill same panicky voice, "Darling! careful, sayang! Ohhh!!! Ooopppp!!"


For a second there, i really thought somebody was about to bang me and my heart jumped! And i warned him there and then that that's a dangerous thing to do. I nearly panicked myself!


So, i realised even MORE what a CALM person my dad is. To be tolerating such cautious warnings WHILST DRIVING, at least TEN TIMES per 30min of driving and pretend its normal. *shake head* Subhanallah.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: