Pages

The Misadventure of The Pants

I left home this morning feeling somewhat confident that i've dressed well today with the new top i've bought from This Fashion and this pair of pants that falirs like a skirt.


And then when i was walking over to the pantry i felt how come it feels so airy? I know my blouse is a bit short, hehe, but can't be THAT airy until...... i noticed that the zip's OPENED!!! but the ziphead still latched at the top!


You see... this morning, i had a little trouble fastening the zip right to the top but not bcos im fat (altho i AM) but more bcos the zip's spoilt. I asked Mummy for help and after a few struggle, she managed to make it right, as mothers always do.


So that and coupled with the fat that it IS a little strained at the hip, that made the zip burst open!


The most irritating part is that i URGENTLY need to go to the toilet!! and the zip is still stuck! I push down the head as hard as i can but to no avail... Getting more desperate now.... so i just yanked hard i dont care! And it came off! And felt relieved to have completed my "transaction" in the loo. (LOL)


And then comes the next problem: How the hell do i walk back into the office? How do i even go OUT From the toilet??? Luckily i was wearing a jacket and it could cover the opened fly (luckily it's on the left side) where the blouse couldn't. And i tucked it in ahem... and clutched it suspiciously! HAH


I asked around my colleagues if they have any safety pins but none did! So i had to ring next door (thank god i kinda chat with her regularly before this) to ask if they had any. To my dismay she said she hadn't any too.


So i went back to my desk still clutching the side of my pants consciously... Contemplating on taking an urgent leave for the rest of the day and rush back home. That's probably cheaper than having to buy a new pants. But Zubair is out for interview and other things today so no point going home.


While i was racking my brain for a solution, Lay Choo, my neighbour just now whom shares a passion for Doraemon with me, came over with 2 safety pins! and we rushed to the bathroom and she helped to stick them up. She was soo helpful, innovative and resourceful, she actually took off the safety pins from the back of a name card / badge holder!! I guess she can empathize on the situation when her shoes broke the last time and i lent her my slip-ons! hehehe Thank God i've done some good deeds before.


But it was sooooooooooo goddamn tiresome. Everytime i go to the loo, i need to take the pins off and then fasten them again!


It can't be avoided anymore, i HAVE to buy a new pants during lunch time. and that is that.


So i went to International Plaza. This Fashion's pants are in the region of $30 and are very nice but not suitable for big hipped me. Also its the wrong (read: fat) period to be buying new pants.


I visited Perfect Mum just for the hell of it... to open my options... and in the end, after half an hour's search, it's the only option left! As the rest are just too.... TIGHT! (BOOHOOOO)


After trying on 5 pairs, asking prices, matching the colour with my top as i'd hafta wear it right away, I settled on the comfortable $80 black with white pinstripes piece. My Lord! I've never EVER spent so much on a pair of pants before! $50 TOPS. Thank god i had some money for emergencies. And since it IS indeed an emergency, i bought it. I take comfort that at least i can wear it when i get pregnant too....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: