Pages

I Rejected a Lovely Job Offer

to work in Karachi for Sats Catering.

Our friends in Karachi has been talking to people about us possibly wanting to migrate to Pak and hence, looking for career opportunities there.

So Monday morning, out of the blue i got a call asking me to come down for interview that very afternoon or the next day.


I was SUPER excited taking into account that it would be a good "overseas stint" for my resume, and perhaps its for a managerial position? (I didnt have the nerve to ask what position is it for.) And Esp after knowing that:

  1. We will be given an apartment
  2. Children's education will be paid for
  3. Possibly given a car and a driver

I know actually that Z not really in favour of working in KHI as we had discussed about it before. reasons being:

  1. Not safe
  2. Wants good education for children in spore
  3. Not a good career prospect for HIM
  4. Still not so near to his family in Lahore.

While i think he is rather settled here in Singapore with a band who's participating in a competition and other things, i still thought this opportunity is something not to be missed. If at least, just to find out what they are offering. But Z still not keen.

At that time, i was very restless... i asked a few of my friends, one said cant comment what to do, other said no hard finding out. Finally, i asked my dad and he said, "I think it is better not to know the offer, bcos, knowing it will put u in more dilemma." I realised after that that that is so true (hahaha 3 thats!)... Just to be sure i told Z again about the possible fringe benefits of this job but he stood firm.

Oh well... The next day i called up the guy and told him we're not open for it at the moment. But he was so nice he said, "Ok just call me when you are open for it then."

I felt very satisfied with that.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

its ok. i always believe that Allah will open your heart and make it easier for you if the job is meant to be yours. good luck.