Pages

Jussaemon the Cooking Mishap Waiting to Happen

Im following Wana's and Fara's advice to cook for him. After all, Zubair DOES miss his Pakistani dishes.


Fara gave me her own recipe. I dont know what's the name but i call it Spaghetti ala Pakistan.


There wasn't any minced mutton at cold Storage so Chicken it was. I didnt have the list of ingredients with me either so i sorta just buy the main items and hope the rest of the spices are there at home! LOL.




Mishap No 1: There's no blended onion in the fridge. Since it'd be ridiculous to blend just 3pcs, i had to slice them myself. That's when...

Mishap No 2: happened. The knife was so blunt i had to grip the onion and force the blade down. So much so that it slipped to one of my nails! Well lucky it WAS blunt and didnt cut anything.

Mishap No 3: Fara didn't really give me the recipe in details like how many gms of this and that.. One silly question i had to ask my sister, "Do i hafta put oil in? cos she didnt say." LOL!! How would i know man~ I'm such an amateur cook lah... :S Maybe this pot is non-stick so no need oil? Sis said just two spoons of oil.

Mishap No 4: When i sauteed the sliced onion (i dont like diced), it looked... horrible! I even told my sister, i wanted to start all over again. That means cutting the green chilli, chopping the garlic the second time round. But she assured me that it's going along fine. BUt how come so dry one? I suspect Its bcos of the non-blended onion again.

Mishap No 5: In the middle of cooking, i just realised that i'd need curry powder also some jintan halus and coriander leaves something or other. Most i don't have. I'm even sure if i had garam masala so i just put in this dubious looking red powder from a bogus container. Kak Ly said its Zubair's spice so i took it to mean Garam Masala. Thank god there was curry powder in the fridge, but i made do without the garnishes.



But i suppose it turned out well... The onion is not to be seen already. I wished there were some more gravy though. And its super hot!

So what did i actually put in?

  1. 2 pieces of medium sized onions sliced
  2. 2 pcs of green chilli sliced
  3. 3 cloves of garlic diced
  4. 1 teaspoon of blended ginger
  5. Splashes of ground coriander LOL
  6. 1 tbs of Red Chilli Powder
  7. 1/2 tbs of that "garam masala"
  8. 1 tbs of Meat Curry Powder
  9. 400gm of minced chicken
  10. 1/2 tin of mushrooms cut into quarters
  11. 1pc of carrot sliced
  12. Water here and there
  13. Salt to taste (i put in like 2 teaspoon like that. haha)

I missed out:

  1. Coriander leaves
  2. Jintan halus (no idea what that is also)
  3. Peas

I substituted peas with carrots and mushroom as i loathe the former. Hee...

A few things i've picked up from here are:

  1. Salt is last.
  2. Since carrot is hard, you'd need to put them in together with the meat.. but if you like them hard, can put them in last.
  3. You not only CAN wash an onion... but you HAVE TO!!!

Only thing missing is Chappati!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

How come I see liquid detergent in the picture among your ingredients? :P

Jussaemon said...

No i didnt put detergent in my dish you nonsense! LOL. But i was working beside the sink where the soaps are supposed to be! :P