Pages

Driving Frenzy

My parents went to Malacca as guides last weekend with school children by bus.

So i drove the car back after sending them. And with my BIL not in Spore either, i got the full rein of the car for THREE WHOLE DAYS!! WOO HOO

Sat night, before sending Zubair to Clarke Quay, we together with my sisters went to have dinner at Lau Pa Sat. OH my lord how i LOVe satay.

Navigating to Lau Pa Sat, Clarke Quay and back home was a breeze. partly bcos that morning i checked out the place already. I was supposed to pick him up after sending my parents but Z forgot! Well to be fair, i didnt remind him again nearer the time in an effort to give him a pleasant surprise. But since i only reached there at 7:15am and he finished at 6:30am, i missed the train.


Sun: It was sort of a shame that we didnt use the car in the day for sight seeing or jalan jalan... But i had a fun time picking up Kak Long's friend from Spottiswoode Park, somewhere Tg Pagar then on to Four Seasons Hotel for their friend's wedding dinner, then to Orchard for dinner with Z, then send Z to Clarke Quay then back to Four Seasons Hotel to pick them up and drop her off then home.

It was again such a breeze. I was so happy with myself having done my homework and passed the test with flying colours.

I even toyed with a fantasy of a career switch: to be a school bus driver or something! LOL.


But the dream all came crashing down on Monday night when i wanted to send Z to Clarke Quay.


A big tree from the center divided up and fell, blocking all four lanes in the expressway CTE (AYE). All traffic had to exit at the first Ang Mo Kio exit.


It was a shame that Zubair didnt believe in me enough to let me find out where to go next. I KNEW there were a few entrances to the CTE after that exit, i just had to find it. Instead, he kept insisting i just drop him off at Ang Mo Kio MRT despite it being past 10pm and he'd be like 45min late.


I turned right after the MRT along the AMK HUB and drove down that road. I remembered Ayah driving past thru this road straight all the way after exiting from an expressway. Then suddenly, the sign to CTE shows i had to turn left and i did and i travelled for a few minutes in SUPER DARK road all alone with not much traffic, i thought i was a star in Langolias or something (Stephen King's novel adapted movie).


I tried to stay strong. i NEED to go home. I cant abandon the car and take the cab home now can i? So i came to a very familiar junction near the train depot. Then i became a bit hopeful but not for long when i saw THREE DIFF Signs into the expressway. One says "CTE (Ang Mo Kio)", "City", "CTE (PIE)".

Now, why the hell would i take CTE AMK if im ALREADY in AMK? Where does it lead to anyway? To add to the confusion, the entrance wasn't blocked like the other one was. Could it mean its back to Woodlands?

I can't take the City obviously cos im supposed to go back up north. and shouldn't it be blocked? But why wasn't it?

So the safest option i had was CTE PIE. At least i would know what i was doing and where i was going. CTE... then go to PIE... then BKE.... right?

Suddenly when i entered the expressway i wasnt sure anymore... bcos again it was DARK... with big trees looming and not a sign of traffic anywhere near me... Am i really going the right way? where's everybody else??

I cried.

I cldnt help it but i felt so.... ALONE!

What could i do but continue driving following my instincts... and in the end i arrived at a familiar patch and i reached home some 30mins more of driving.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Umm ML said...

Awww I get lost while driving a lot but alhamdulillah always find the way bak eventually :) But I think at night like that it would be more scary..... do u mean Langoliers? I haven't seen it tho ~

Jussaemon said...

Hi Eshev~ I would imagine it's a lot scarier down there in Canada? Yeah it was scary at night but thankfully not tooo late still... oh yeah that's right Langoliers is what i mean. Its nice to see... but diff to read! haha