Pages

Lovely Overseas Phone Call

My Bro-in-Law, Salman called me last night.

He called my hp and Zubair was not around. We talked for a full 12min. And suddenly things seem so much easier and i think i can live through all hurdles.


He's two years younger than me but seem more matured. We struggled with English and Urdu. Very nice to be put back on pressure to speak Urdu, otherwise it'll get rusty even before it can run off my tongue.


He related how he was reminiscing with Ammi ji (MIL) when she was down with fever the other day about that first night when i came to Pakistan and we had dinner on that particular floor they were on ...


He said how they all missed me and Not to worry but come back to Pakistan quickly, he will take leave from work and be my BODYGUARD. I feel very much relieved upon hearing that. Zubair can go have fun with HIS friends all he want (he warned me earlier to leave him alone to go out the next trip and tt i cldn't join bcos its really not what they do), Salman will accompany me, HUMPH.


He asked if everything is ok, if i'm happy. Well i just said, "Main bahut khushu hai/hoon?" Im happy lah... dont have the heart to complain about the trivial things. After all, Z doesnt go and complain ANYTHING about ME to ANYONE.


And then he said, "Im happy to hear you laugh." Although it's really bcos i think my Urdu was crappy but it's nice all the same that he remarked such.


Last of all, we arrange a date to come online for webchat Sat night/Sun morning. Hopefully Z will be home by then! Im sure Ammi misses to look at him.


That call really made my night. Suddenly i can jump mountains. and All is well...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: