Pages

No, Singaporeans Are Not Lost Yet

Hopefully today is the last day of the week long Public Transport Commute for this 6.5month pregger me. My parents are coming back tmrw from "Honeymoon" *chuckles* and dad can start sending n picking me up from work pronto. (Ameen!!)


This morning, a miracle happened.

I caught a train at about 7:54am. This came about 4min after the last one (which by standard is long and wld be slightly packed). However, the priority seat just next to the 3rd door where i was standing was vacant. Unfortunately, there was another lady in front of me and she got the seat.

So i resorted to standing in front of 3 able bodied men. 1 sleeping. 1 was listening to iPod with a laptop bag on his lap. the other watching video on his PSP or something with a laptop bag also. I tried to bring on my courage and voice out to please for a seat. At the same time, i was coyly resting my hands just under my bump to make it look MORE obvious that im pregnant cos i was wearing this... wat some pple (read: the FC) call a TENT.

Suddenly, that very lady who got that priority seat rose and called me to sit. WOW. She's like in her 40s most prolly and would have wanted very much to have the seat for herself. But i imagined she was ever pregnant before and understood the pain of having to stand the whole 45min ride.

I felt very relieved and grateful that there are still some Singaporeans who are not selfish but do have that social graciousness. On the other hand, i felt a bit guilty. I shld have saved her from having to give up that seat by asking THOSE FIT GUYS to let me sit.

Oh well...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

Singaporeans are not as bad as they claim themselves to be. Am I contradicting myself? :D

Anonymous said...

My dear, just tell the person if he'd give his seat to you. Afterall you have all the right to a seat in your condition. When I was pregnant, and couldn't get a seat, I'd tap the most able-bodied guy and loudly ask him, "Excuse me, could you KINDLY give your seat to me?" Then everyone in the train would look at him and he'd be too embarrassed to refuse. Hehe! Boy! I miss being pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jus!

Nice entry... I totally agree with you... Singaporeans are one of a kind.

Love,
Princess