Pages

I Want a Skinny Baby

Today is the start of my 10th week being pregnant. and in 3 weeks' time, I'll be in my 2nd trimester already!!!

My is that fast or what. Ok possibly bcos i wasn't aware i was pregnant for the first 6 weeks.

Now... my next (i hope) PROPER pregnancy check up is this fri afternoon. I have a mixed feeling of excitement and anxiety.

Excited because if or when they do an ultrasound scan, i will finally get to meet Foetus. Cos seriously, apart from constant hunger and need to rush to the loo, i barely feel pregnant at all. So this will be sort of an affirmation to my state.

Anxious because i neglected my folic acid for about 10 whole days consecutively. So i'm a bit worried about the health of this being growing inside of me.

Speaking of health, I've actually allocated myself a quota of eating fast food not more than twice a week. hahahah I know i know that is too much right. But i'm the Fries Queen ok... (You can bribe me with fries anytime) twice a week is considered... HELL. LOL.

I feel disappointed to report that each week, i overshot the QUOTA!!!! I dont know why.. but circumstances just keep on testing me.

Ok like last Sat. In the afternoon, i was craving for Sausage McMuffin so i made a firm resolution to wake up early on Sun to go to Mc for Bfast. But Sat night, my sis and i were thinking what to eat. We wanted to get the salad from Coffee Bean but there's none anywhere near our place... so she suggested on the sandwich at McCafe. But i ended up buying FILLET!

On Sunday i did get my Sausage McMuffin PLUS hotcakes. Yummy! the delivery man even included a Fillet that we didnt order nor did they charge us. That fillet became my dinner that night. SHEESH!


I told myself, "Tmrw at work, i'm going to buy SLOW FOOD!!! Can't stand fast food now!!" This promise i did keep for I bought gado2.


I even ate home cooked meal for dinner last night. Sambal tumis UDANG! Yummy. EVERYBODY's favourite!


Afterwards, my sister dragged me to Causeway POint with them citing "it's been a long time since the 4 of us went out together" and bribing me with..... FRIES!!!!!!!! TO be honest, i really didnt feel like eating that night... in fact i felt slightly nauseous with my head pounding inside and my bladder close to bursting... But when it's in front of my eyes, my hand just automatically reach out for them and stuff it into my mouth. So don't blame my vigilance, or lack there of.


I suppose i just hafta remind myself, "If i want a skinny baby, then DONT EAT FAST FOOD!!!"

But you know how this thing works... The more you say dont, the more you are tempted to do it! Sigh....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

17 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

lerr I don't think whether or not you eat fastfood determines whether the baby will be skinny/ chubby... anyway, healthy babies are chubby and cuter what haha...

ANd... I'm not sure, but I don't think they'll do an ultrasound scan this early... Usually in the 4th month or so...I didn't have an ultrasound until my first gynae visit at KKH...that was around 16 weeks...before that, I only met my GP, and only during the last visit to her that she used the doppler (the equipment used to detect/ listen to fetal heartbeat...which, they I guess they won't use as early as 10 weeks)...
But I know Ainul's gynae (private) started to scan much earlier than 16 weeks...

(btw if you still want a skinny baby, breastfeed exclusively...well not skinny, but usually breastfed babies are not overly chubby either heh)

-'Azma.

Anonymous said...

lerr I don't think whether or not you eat fastfood determines whether the baby will be skinny/ chubby... anyway, healthy babies are chubby and cuter what haha...

ANd... I'm not sure, but I don't think they'll do an ultrasound scan this early... Usually in the 4th month or so...I didn't have an ultrasound until my first gynae visit at KKH...that was around 16 weeks...before that, I only met my GP, and only during the last visit to her that she used the doppler (the equipment used to detect/ listen to fetal heartbeat...which, they I guess they won't use as early as 10 weeks)...
But I know Ainul's gynae (private) started to scan much earlier than 16 weeks...

(btw if you still want a skinny baby, breastfeed exclusively...well not skinny, but usually breastfed babies are not overly chubby either heh)

-'Azma.

Jussaemon said...

I want a skinny (or not so chubby) baby bcos i dont want him or her to struggle with low self esteem as a result of being overweight like her mum.

I know i know. i already got a telling to by Nisa that skinny does not equal happy. but getting to buy nice shirts give a moral boost. oh my gosh im sooo superficial.

Jussaemon said...

to Ma: Ohhh they wont scan me yet? Then how to know the baby's healthy? seriously im very worried tau. but i suppose i can wait another month lah.

hehe u dont think fast food = fat babies? Thank God! Bcos that's what ive been hearing. Ok at least now ive been religiously eating my fruits and some milk. so that should translate to healthy right?

I shall most definitely try to breastfeed exclusively. I hope it will be smooth flowing for me when the time comes!

narny said...

Ca!! there's no such thing as skinny or fat baby la!! Look at my kids... Faris was not chubby at birth but so chubby now... Faiz is soo chubby at birth but now so kudut!!

I ate whatever i wanted but in moderation with the excuse of i am eating for 2 so i dun feel the guilt.. lol

Anonymous said...

hehehee...no fast food is not equal to skinny baby. controlling their eating habits when they can eat can ensure that your baby will be healthy. no fast food, preservatives, sweets, etc etc is what makes a healthy baby. as long as the baby weight is within the healthy range, shud be fine. and breastfeeding doesn't guarantee that either cos all my frens who bf, their babies are so chubby...cute banget! :D it really depends on your genes, type of food you eat (since you will bf) and other factors.

Jussaemon said...

ok i get the picture. Basically the food that they eat AFTER they are born plays a much bigger part in determining their body frame. Lol

Anonymous said...

What country are you from? Where do you live?

Jussaemon said...

I'm Singaporean living in Singapore. Husband is pakistani

Suryati Shariff said...

hey how's the check up? can hear ur baby's heartbeat already? I had my first scan at 6 weeks so I dun think they will defer yours... lol be careful seeing ur baby on the monitor can be so addictive! hehe... that when they don't do it I become emotional even! :P

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the scan addiction. I recall visiting my gynae for scans for every little excuses.

Jussaemon said...

The check up isnt till this fri. insya'Allah.

not sure if the poly at wlands has the scanning facility. if they dont, means i will only be able to be scanned when referred to KKH... which is just as well so i wont get addicted! lol

Abid said...

Just discovered your blog. Added to blogroll :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is such a thing as a scan addiction. Tho its been said not to be too good, it just makes us kiasu mums feel happy that our lil ones are growing inside us!

Kak Lynna

Anonymous said...

I FULLY breastfed my girls! They are both very very chubby! Lemak ibu dia semer masuk tu!

Wuahahahaaa!

Kak Lynna

Jussaemon said...

Thanks Abid.

Alamak a bit confused. BF = chubby or not so chubby kids?

But then Kak Lynna, ur two girls are not VERY VERY chubby what. The first one esp, very selim melim. hehe

Anonymous said...

Sending you their baby pictures now. Mebbe you forgot how they looked when they were infants. Cause mostly we meet only once a year during raya, i suppose...

Btw, your perception of chubby tu gemuk & buntal kah? Hehee..

Niwae, chubby usually relates to bb being well fed and super healthy. Semangat lah gitu..
Kalau skinny bb nanti org tegur,
laaa kecik nye bb ni! Dia tak brapa minum susu eh? Kang mummy dia pulak yg sedih.. Heh..

Important is still, a normal and healthy baby, insya'allah..

Kak Lynna ;)