First Silat, Solat, Selawat Lesson

There's a reason as to why I find it very difficult to write about last weekend. SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED! Good and bad and funny too!

Ok First thing's first. The Good. We were meeting the besties to have our first ever Silat (Malay martial art) lesson for our boys.

VENUE: Pasir Ris Park

TIME: 9am

Luckily, I had the car that morning so I could drive us down all the way that morning. The only problem is I had to trouble Ly to set up the child's car seat. I was quite surprised that Tufeil was very good in the seat all by himself at the back. Of course, I prepared him some toys but mostly, he enjoyed the view asking for the double decker bus every 100m or so and napped (on the way back).

A canvas was set up for the boys to stand on

That's the lovingly sewn "cloth belt"

Perhaps I should tell you that the "teacher" is Ustaz Sofyan himself!

We had Shauqy and his two cousins and Husainy. Unfortunately, Husainy did not feel up for it that morning.

Warming up Jog

The only thing Tufeil really liked and participated was the jogging / running. He had some difficulties following the punching and kicking actions. I know he can spread his legs apart and bend his knees but he was perhaps just lazy to do it and leant against me instead while I held his arms and legs to act the part.

I did tell the organiser that I'm here on a trial lesson and am not taking this very seriously because Tufeil is much too young and because its much too far and too early for us. It's more for social exposure for him. Let me reiterate that its for HIM because I barely get to talk to my friends at all between holding him, feeding him and taking pictures. =(

Now for the sad part. Tufeil napped on the drive home. I reversed park to a lot in the loading bay. I came out again to adjust my alignment and was about to reverse when I saw another car was reversing perpendicularly and towards my left front wheel. I was totally stunned and froze! And came the inevitable knock.

The layout to help you imagine.

My car's damage

His car's virtually unscathed but he claimed that the bumper line is a bit off

He seemed nice and not aggressive when we talked. I made sure I didn't admit any liability in case I need to claim against my insurer. I just said we'll exchange phone numbers and we go to our respective workshops to get quotations. I had to ask my dad first.

The next day at work, I asked my Motor Claim colleague to know who would be at fault. Because I didn't think it was mine alone. She confirmed my suspicion that it's a 50-50 scenario. And then I had a call from the bugger saying that his workshop quoted a freaking $1,300 for that virtually non-existent damage!!!!!!!!

Long story short, after much anguish, my dad negotiated with him to go to OUR workshop who quoted under 500 but he insisted on getting a CAR RENTAL, which could come up to $1000. He is an Associate Director in the realty business going by the name BK. ERGHHHHHHH Our own damage is $420 only!! I OFFICIALLY HATE HIM! And I don't hate a person easily, OK.

Fortunately, Mum agreed to spilt the bill 50-50 between with me. There goes 16% of my bonus =(


Now back to the story and towards the FUNNY part.

We reached home about 12noon and were due to go out in another hour to go back all the way east to pick up my parents from the airport. Just me and Tufeil again. I did manage to wash and hang the laundry, throw the rubbish to the common chute outside before going out and already vacuummed and mopped the day before so that they could at least come home without any eye sores in the house. and still my mum said, "You all mummy pergi seminggu pon tak tau nak lipat baju." =(((( I did laundry like 4 times ok... No this is NOT the funny part.

The journey to the airport was a bit scary because it was raining heavily and then stopped and then cats and dogs again. And then there were scary sounds coming from the front left wheel sometimes when there's a bump or something. So I went very slowly at 80km/h almost all the way. I was imagining that there were some sharp edges and its tearing the wheel apart and me and T could get into a dangerous accident at any time!

T was napping when i finally parked the car at Terminal 1 (after detouring a bit to the "basement carpark" which is actually for authorised vehicles only). I carried him inside (didn't bring stroller) and sat waiting for about 20minutes. Soon he was awake and ran around joking with The Boss. Suddenly he stopped short and water trickled down his pants. "Tufeil pipis" he said he peed.

I quickly took out all the tissues I have on hand and wiped again with wet tissue. and ran him to the washroom wanting to clean up. When I took off his pants, I was soo puzzled, "Where's the diaper?" How could it get out from the pants? That's impossible isn't it? I remembered feeling his bum when he was napping and I had thought that its just mis-positioning. And now I supposed I must have forgotten to put it on at all when we rushing out and I decided to change his diaper at the last minute and then he was struggling to get away. *SLAP FOREHEAD* I never thought in my mothering career, I would forget to put on my baby's diaper for him! Gosh. The Mother of ALL Blunders! Lucky for me, he didn't pee in the car seat!

So I washed his pants and used the hand dryer to shake off the excess water and wore it again! If I had brought his Tigger bag, he would have an extra set of clothes but I was too lazy thought it would be just a short outing. Coincidentally, my friend had given me some used clothes that morning, and it's still in the boot, so after Mum and dad arrived, we changed in the car.

After that, we hurried home and showered yet again and got ready for a wedding we were extremely late for. 5pm we arrived as they were packing things up and food were almost finished! Cheh

The next few nights were torturous for me as I continued weaning Tufeil off Breastmilk. That will be detailed in another entry but I'm feeling a bit disheartened at the regression to write about it.

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 glasses of Juice:

farrahdiba said...

eh how come it's a 50-50 case? your car stationary and he reversed into it what.. how come he never look into his rearview mirror? and his car got no reverse sensor?

Jussaemon said...

My car wasn't exactly stationary. I moved off again after he reckoned I had parked. But you DO have a point about the reverse sensor. Hmmm We haven't actually paid his repair...

nadia said...

He's clearly trying to make money out of this accident. I hope you don't have to pay for his damages. And I'm glad no one got hurt.

Jussaemon said...

We finally paid $840 for his damages. =(

hajudasan said...

but i don't see how it is your fault. he reversed into YOU not the other way around.

also i'm just wondering how come you didn't horn when you see him reversing towards you?