Pages

Urban Bites

Ash & I discovered a new mediterranean restaurant yesterday! http://www.urbanbites.com.sg/ 123 Telok Ayer St (If you're coming from Amoy St Food Cte, its further down to the street from the mosque and after the temple)

They are not certified but food is halal. As is with everywhere in town during lunchtime, it was quite packed. But this one is quite popular with foreigners.

While, the service was a bit on the slow side, we were happy to wait to eat our Hummus and others! Plus now that Turkish Cafe at Amara is closed, this is the nearest mediterranean food to the office!

Colourful Blackboard
with self-service water and condiments

Towards the kitchen
And cheese and desserts display.
Found my Arabic cheese! WEEEEE

Me & The entrance

$10 set lunch is very attractive
Ash was saying this is prolly cheaper than Eatz19. But I said, let's see how the serving goes and also, drink is not included. $2 soft drink.
Mushroom Soup was ok but could be better
Just slightly watery w mushroom so small it seemed pulsed on the processor

After some 20min of waiting...
Salad, Dips and Main course of Lamb kebab on the same dish.

Totally reminded me of Syria trip last december... Coincidentally I was also wearing the jalabiyah from there too!

Anyways, it was my first time tasting a felafel and to me it was heaven. Very crunchy. But for Ash, she said she's tasted better *shrug*.

Very nice overall. But i think next time, I will order a whole plate of Moutabal ($7) and main of Chicken Pide($5)! I almost went crazy going through their menu, I feel like going there everyday!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: