Pages

Crocs Failed Me

During lunch at Marina Sq yesterday, my sandals decided to pop yet again.


This $40+ Bata sandals can only sustain 6 months of daily wear. I might as well just buy a $10 shoe that last just as long right?


Anyway i had 2 sandals with similar design as the above and both only lasted 6 months with the rip at the same place on my right foot! (Refer to Arrow above)



In any case, i used to wear this kinda ballerina shoes to work daily and the edges came off where the arrow starts anyways. My ELLE slip ons with short rubber heels were not spared. Within 6 months the hollow rubber cracked and water could seep thru in the rain. Ergh!


Peculiarly or not so peculiarly it only happened on my right pair! I think i use and stress more of my right leg when i walk and when i stand?


So Anyways, i decided to survey for a new shoes since we were having lunch at Marina Sq. You know... a chance to shop and like that... But there's no Bata nor Metro to be found there. Only Charles & Keith and they are sooooooo not my kinda footwear. So i had to settle for just Crocs. I was telling myself, "Just look if they have new designs. Don't buy if they're not comfortable."


You see... some 2 years ago i bought 1 just prior to my Bangkok trip, Thinking it must be comfy to travel and go for whole day shopping in. I WAS DEAD WRONG! Bcos i bought a size smaller and my toes were squashed in so much so i could barely walk! (I made the mistake of thinking RUBBER could expand when they soooo can not!) I ended up giving it away to Ashley (not her real name of course), my first sis.


When i got there, I went crummy seeing all the new designs. But all not practical for me except for this one. Another ballet inspired shoes. Looks something like prima but with wider mid section and an elastic band. This time i bought a brown one at close to $60.


This time i bought size 7. When i tried it on my right it was a perfect fit. So i went to make payment and said i'd wear it straight away. But my face fell when i slipped on the left pair. Its slightly tight! I straight away asked them if i could return it if i decided the size doesnt fit later on. The manager said, "Cannot bcos u put it on already" Ergh!!


So my colleague and i rushed to try Size 8 before we walked out of the store! But with a size bigger my feet came off lah, Unless i wanna stick tissue at the front, which is ridiculous. So i settled for size 7 since the right one feels alright.


Now im anticipating that i cant wear it for long before my feet hurt. So i told Ash, she could buy it off me at discounted price but that i will try to continue wearing it till my feet get swollen first. Otherwise, i will just slap myself for buying it!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

The 6 of Us said...

You should try to get some leather sandals or something similar which can stretch after sometime and not something plastic which unfortunately is not stretchable, 'cos your feet will definitely get bigger (sometimes from half to one size bigger) due to water retention (which will likely only go away months after you deliver).

Jussaemon said...

Yeah man then after the water retention goes away... cant fit the size 8 shoes Blah.

COme to think of it... every morning when i wake up and put my feet on the ground it feels.... funny... i dont know how to describe it... its not really swollen nor is it pins n needles... maybe feels like water retention. *shrugs* But it goes away after i shower.