Pages

What a Disaster!

I was on urgent leave yesterday.

In the midst of my urgent situation, i got an sms @ 5.15pm from the boss who is in UK saying, "Jus, were you able to organise the transport for tomorrow? Thanks, Boss."

OMG What is he talking about? I hadnt receive a single email from him since he left for holiday last week. Maybe he emailed me this morning? Gosh out of all days! I replied, "Sorry i had to take urgent leave today. Let me see if P can help."

Unfortunately P is on afternoon half day!! The other ladies must have also gone home already... I had to resort to calling the French. I asked him to check my email and see what Boss asked me specifically. and told him to forward to my personal email and ill work from home.



When i eventually got home, i went to the Changi Airport website and go to the list of transportation to and from the airport.

1. I clicked on Limousine Taxi. The bugger who picked up says we dont take booking, hafta approach the counter. If you want you can call ComfortDelgro. When asked for the no, we dont have the telephone number at the moment. I was like, HUH?? Can't you check it for me? What poor service!!

But surely there are such pick up services from the airport!!

He had said bcos his wife has done a LOT of shopping, he didnt think all the luggages could fit into one taxi so could i arrange for a mini bus to pick them up instead. but what exactly does he mean by mini bus?? a 7 seater car? a van? Are there more than just the 3 of them??

I decided that 7 seater car would suffice to collect even if 5 pax with lotsa luggages and proceeded to call taxi companies.

2. From COMFORT, i first called the number for Limousine Taxi but nobody picked up. so i called the main booking line and was told they couldn't process it for me bcos i want the 7 seater and bcos its from the airport. I should call the earlier no. I thought oh forget it

3. i tried SMRT. their website has a feature to book an Airport Transfer online. But the form is SOOO OUtdated. Appallingly, they didnt have the option of "arriving from TERMINAL 3" yet. PLUS they only have a 4 or 5 seater car. BODOH

4. time to test SMART taxi then. I straight away called the hotline and got the RUDEST reply, "Oh No no we cant book from airport. There are a lot of taxis there what, just join the queue" and she hung up without even saying goodbye!


This time, i got a bit smarter and googled for "Airport Transfer" instead. and got this company, Merzcab. For booking, i just had to call this certain hp no. Hmmm after the heartbreaking ordeal i just went thru, i was a bit skeptical about the ease of getting a car to pick my boss up. But yeah he said no problem. Just text some info to the said hp no and a driver will wait for my boss at the arrival with a signage bearing his name. Wow. i cldn't believe my luck then.


Time to rush to class now.

-----------

This morning, my hp alarm rang as usual at 6:34am and i clicked snooze. Wait. How come i could hear a distant male voice saying, "hello? hello?" I looked at the no. Seems familiar.... the my groggy mind woke up. SHIT! its the Merzcab company!


My boss' flight was supposed to have arrived Singapore 6.05am. Surely the driver cant be that impatient. Its only been 30min. He called again and said, "Your boss is nowhere to be seen."


OMG, sounds scary!


I hafta call my boss. Only to find if the dialtone is Singapore's. Using my private room line, i dialled. Normal tone. i hung up.

I called the cab company and told them to wait for awhile more cos my boss didnt pick up.

I smsed boss, "Have you touched down yet?"

The answer is as much as i had feared, "its not until tomorrow i am still in england in bed!"


Damn! I should have known! But it sooo didnt cross my mind when booking yesterday. It will be complicated to explain my train of thoughts. Suffice to say im an inept secretary!

Thank god the company said its ok, no cancellation fee but they will collect him tmrw morning.


To look at it in a more positive way, At least its a day earlier, than a day LATEr! LOL

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jus...what can I say? My sister did the exact same thing :D Only difference is that her boss was coming in from Canada.

Happens yaar :)

Have a better, stress-free day today!

Sandra said...

what a great company to not charge cancellation and to be so kind, compared to the rest. I hope you give them great reviews and recommendations to others and to use them again!

Peace