Pages

So How Do I Feel ... ?

Actually it's a bit too early to be writing this... but so far this is how i feel...


SILLY!


Bcos... i keep rubbing my belly... and im more conscious when i walk. Like walking the Pregnant Lady Walk, if there is ever such a thing as that. But really i can already feel something there inside. a Bit crampy but always comes like for 30sec and then gone... Scary lah Sooo scared!!!


Other facts and figures:

1. There is now TWO pregnant ladies in our dept alone!

2. This is how i told my mother, "Mummy, Do you think polyclinic is open tmrw?" It was a Sat and i am fully aware polyclinics do not open on Sun. She said No, for what? I said to do check up. and gave a weird sheepish facial expression and she asked how late was i and i said 8 days. Her reaction, "Only 8 days"

3. My MIL's reaction? If its a son, to name him Ghulam Ali.

I started to object to Zubair cos we agreed that our first son will be called Tufeil after his maternal grandfather. But he GLARED at me for daring to deny my MIL's request =( I feel we can still discuss this issue.

4. I just told my boss. said that if i really am pregnant, high chance it is a Sentosa Baby. Then he fielded his eyes and said, "Dont Tell me!" But later he said, "Must name the baby Sentosa." And afterwards when i was leaving his office, instead of the usual congratulations, he said, "Well Done!" OMG my boss! *faint* I could feel my cheeks burning!

5. Im wondering if its wise for me to go to Pak in my pregnant state. N if we could afford it at all with the impending medical bills! However, that is so much better than after delivery cos surely i hafta bring baby along and i hafta pay 70% of an adult fare for an infant who wont appreciate the journey at all!! Ok ok the Pak family WOULD love to see B.

See! see! I think too much. MerepeQ sey.

6. The news just this morning said that the Govt will be announcing a new improved maternity package of sorts in the National Day Rally next month. I'm already imagining another 1 more month off to make it 4months PLUS 1 mth of Paternity leave. hahaha

7. Does this mean i cant go for my belly dancing classes which will start in 2 weeks' time and will go on for 6 weeks? Sheesh. Such a wasted opportunity. To think i've endured all those silly Afro-Latin cardio classes in the hope that belly dancing would come soon. oh God!


Ya Allah. I am grateful for all the blessings you have showered us. I am shameful to ask for a smooth pregnancy and delivery as well as supportive family and friends. But to whom shall i ask if not Thee the Merciful, The Rich, The Generous One?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

12 glasses of Juice:

Nisa AK said...

Congratz again. And yeah u think too much. I cant emphasize it enough. U THINK TOO MUCH! Xubi bhai if ur reading this, ur wife thinks too much! Adikkosongtiga uncle if ur reading this too, ur daughter thinks too much!
stop thinking! just enjoy the moment sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Just some facts:

1. Airfare for baby/infant is 10% of adult fare.
2. You think too much. Just relax and enjoy the moment.
3. Save as much as you can now. Need to plan for the little one!

Suryati Shariff said...

hey babe :) not to worry about flying while pregnant... just don't do it too late during ur last trimester.. I was flying to and fro in between my 5th and 6th month no probs at all... but if you are worried do seek ur gynae's advice.

And Inshallah everything will go smoothly ya? from start till the delivery :) enjoy each and every single moment!

I had probs with the name thingy as well with the in-laws... I wanted to name she or he Eman no matter if I have a boy or girl since its kinda unisex name but in-laws didn't really like it and hubby insisted that they should name our first kiddo so in the end we settle on something both they and me want :)

Jussaemon said...

hahahah i should change my nick to Jussa the Thinker. Everybody seems to be agreeing i think too much. Must be frustrating for u to read my blog. i can imagine u guys thinking, "OMG this girl!! GERAM!!" hahahah

Jussaemon said...

N, oh is it 10%? hahah mine is sheer exaggeration eh! But i sorta remembered it being ridiculously priced when my sis went to Perth during her maternity leave.

Yeah trying to save. Now aching over that $140 i spent carelessly BOOHOOOOO

Jussaemon said...

Sue, im not worried about the flying part. More worried about the domestic part of being pregnant AND in a foreign country, namely, PAKISTAN. PLUS with a vicious crazy bitch on the loose!

Anonymous said...

1. see if you can get your money back from the shop.

2. Think you are safer in Singapore because of food, water, and also... personal safety.

Anonymous said...

zubi to Nisa

Sis im tired after telling her lot lot lotttttttttts of time.that Tooo much thinking is not Good of course.and witch we think its not sure that our planes r final

Its just stress that we cant Enjoy the natural moments of our life.

but my wife never listen me really so Let her think and think too much lol

Zubair

Jussaemon said...

Kong asam punye budak! :P

Anonymous said...

jus, ive had experienced being preg n deliver both in sg n pak...

but both places are the same in terms of professionalism of the gynaes n a plus point in pak is dat its cheap there to go 4 check-up even wz the head of obsc compared to those in sg.

food wise - its almost the same except constant cravings for sg food but if u r goin for a short trip shld not be a problem.

water - once bb is born, if u r in pak, juz mix the milk wz mineral water, inshaAllah will be fine.

Wana

Suryati Shariff said...

I see.. I see.. well I was there for nearly two months as well in KHI.. I agree with Wana, they are just as professional and medical bills are much cheaper too there. And I'm sure your motherly instincts will kick in to keep your baby safe and contented wherever you are :)

Lol for me I was craving for Ami's cooking I couldn't wait to reach Pak! Therefore it was a pleasant trip there and spend part of my second trimester comfortably there.

And don't get any bitches get in your way of you enjoying your pregnancy regardless where you are :) it's all about you and the baby honey... and no one else except for of course other loved ones! Don't get yourself upset and stressed k.

Oh yes don't carry heavy stuff tau or anything that causes stress on ur abdomen k! Just passing some advice that I received myself! At least for the first three months k. Let the hubby do all the work! :P

narny said...

so are you really preggie??? congrats!!