Pages

A Wonderful Fight.

Have you ever had an argument with your significant other and felt utter despair and disappointments? Like the future looks bleak and all?

I had loads of that of course. Last night was just the same. But the ending somewhat different.

It started from the word hello when i called him last night. In return to my hello he said, "kaisey ho, bhai?" which means, how are you bro?

Actually the story is very long. To cut it short, just say that i took offense that he called me BRO and it led to other bigger arguments with him realising how different we are and how we're ever gonna survive the future together.

We hang up bitterly with me keeping mum towards the end not saying a word. But he called again trying to explain that Bhai is like Singapore's Lah equivalent (altho at first he said he was just joking with me). and wanted to make up which we did but it was shortlived when he passed the phone over MIL. I was still crying and very much emotional so i cldnt take the call well and it was ended abruptly.

Not 5 mins later, he called me again. I asked, "You're using home line? I tot u said its expensive?" He said yes. and i began to say, "So why... (are you still calling me?)" and then his lovely words, "Yeah lah... and u still think that we dont love you and care for you."

I noticed his use of plural but whatever. Only then i truly realised that he does indeed love me. He can't bear to argue or be angry with me for long. He wanted to end the day in peace. And suddenly, the dark clouds were gone and the sun was shining bright. And i was smiling and laughing away. Like they say... the making up part is the best. =)

I love you. Despite your quirks. Despite our differences. Despite our distance. Despite our history. God willing our marriage will stay strong.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: