Pages

About Audio House 60% Rebate Promotion


I have always suspected that there's something sinister about this 60% REBATE (instead of discount) going on at Audio House. I didnt really find anything under the terms & Conditions.


But this $187 DVD camcorder really caught my eye and urged me into checking it out. I have already imagined what i can do with it. Well, most importantly is to record Ammi's cooking lessons!!


They have two outlets. One in Geylang and another in Liang Court. The latter is within the city area so i thought i'd pop in during lunch time one of these days before my trip.
That is exactly what I did on Tues, after getting bubbled by my best friend! (:P jgn marah haaa) No lah, something urgent came up and she had to take leave or something. Anyways, good thing it was cancelled so i gotta do some window shopping.
After 2 buses and 30mins of journeying, i finally reached Liang Court. Well, i dont hafta worry about being late back to work bcos.....
when i asked about the $187 camcorder, The salesman said, "Oh yes, it's available. But you DO know that that is the price IF you win the 1d draw right?" You can practically hear all my hopes shattering!
Now i get it.
4D is a gambling game of striking 4-digits. Instead of 4 digits, Audio House came up with 1 Digit Lucky Draw picked every two weeks or so. If your chosen number is called, THEN you get to claim the REBATE. Although there are only 10 digits to choose from ie 0 to 9, i think it is sooo totally not worth it! Esp because the normal "Special Price" of that item is $399! WAY WAY WAyyyyyyy beyond my budget!
Instead, i asked him how much is the battery for kak long's (6 - 8 yr old?) videocamera. $69 but no stock. Bcos its an old model, they dont hold any stock for that.
Resignedly, i made my way back to the office. At least, i didnt hafta take the cab now that i dont use the 45-min i set aside for shopping. i pictured that i would be so totally crazy wanna buy everything. LOL, i even wanted to buy this $91 washing machine and ship it all the way to Pak for the dear MIL! Luckily, my Karachi friend told me its not worth it cos the shipping cost is very high. Just buy from there.
So there. I hope others won't fall for the trap too. I must say i appreciate that the staff was upfront about it lah.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

erm, i thot they put those in the ad rite but maybe the t&c are too small so people mite miss it. in any case, audiohouse has one of the most competitive prices around. and yah...a washing machine to any place outside is way too expensive. hehehe.

Jussaemon said...

hehe yeah lah yesterday when i saw the ad again on TODAY's paper, i saw the disclaimer right at the top in big fonts some more! *slap forehead*

Re washing machine. LOL.

Anonymous said...

HI - just happened to chance upon your blog. haha.. my sis also wanted to get the $187 camcorder you saw last month. Then i pointed out to her about the disclaimer...haha..

Anyway we went down to audio house anyway, and the sales person reminded us that the price was if we won the 1 digit lucky draw. =p Well, the camcorder was quite nice actually, and my sis bought it at $380 - coz it was still cheaper than the one we saw at courts & best denki. haha.. and nope didnt win the 60% rebate in the end.