Pages

My Second Night Without Zubair

It was Mon night and i had class as usual.

Rain was pelting. I was touched by Ayah's gesture to DRIVE me over. Despite having just reached home and going to his own class afterwards. Thanks Ayah, i appreciate it.

I had got some practice walking to and fro on my own two weeks before and now it got more familiar and less strange, dark n spooky. haha... Hmmm... i still remember how last mon Zubair told me as we walked to class, "So... next week u will hafta go on your own... Take care ok?"

Having not taken any dinner, i walked all the way to the bazaar at the mrt some 8mins away and bought $1 otak2 and $1 goreng pisang (banana fritters). The seller was like unhappy to serve me. LOL well i wldnt blame them! But luckily the aunty still gave me some kerak/crumbs along w the goreng pisang.

Anyways, i walked home quickly to call Zubair and gloat to him that im having otak2 for dinner. Only to get hit back right on the face when Ammi said he had gone out already. But he told he would only go out at 8pm Pak time = 11pm Sing time. It was only 10:20pm then. Sigh...

I tried his hp to no avail....

I cldn't go to bed early that night. Uploading pictures lah... Singing lah.. Was also trying to get thru to his old mobile no but apparently he STILL hadnt got it activated yet.

At 12midnight i tot, hey i should better settle in now otherwise i would be tired the next day.

I closed the room door tonight bcos everybody else was also asleep and it'd feel even scarier to leave it open to the dark corridor. Hmmm It's also not right to sleep with the main white light turned on thru the night. One thing, wasting electricity. For another, its attracting unwanted attention? You know the ones that can give you the heebie jeebies.

So instead, i turned on the orange bed lamp. Hmmm its a bit too dark and suffocating me. So i decided to play some Qur'an recitations to accompany me thru the night. Thanks to Zubair who had bookmarked the free online Qur'an recitations website, i got it going in no time at all.

I felt uneasy and anxious tho. before i let myself be drifted to sleep, i dialled his old hp no again and it rang! He didnt pick up even after 2 calls! HMMMMMM... Ok ok it was midnight means its 9pm in Pak. prolly he's already on stage or its too loud to hear? But its really really odd that they have concerts even on weekday nights! Like who would go?? Ok to give him benefit of the doubt, prolly he meant like small gigs at restaurants or whatever.

I definitely didn't sleep well that night... I woke up every hour or so and will check my hp. The Qur'an recitations were a part of the reason i came awake too.. by 4am or 1am there, i was losing hope that he would call... bcos normally he'd reach home around that time after concerts before we were married. Then, by 5am i had totally given up.

I was in the middle of a dream. In it, i sighed resignedly and got up from my bed to go to the kitchen when he called me. but i totally refused to talk to him. Angry! Sulking! Then he came to me but i wasn't budging. Suddenly i was awoken by my super duper irritatingly loud hp! It was 6am!

At first, i was still affected by the dream and still felt angry at him. But cldnt help laugh when he cried in despair when i told him i had OTAK2 for dinner! and everything was ok again. I told him i simply cannot sleep without hearing his voice first. He told me, "It's ok honey, my hp is now activated, u can call me anytime." but i said, "Yeah, just remember to charge it bla di bla di bla.."

I called his hp thru Skype. The rate is Eur 0.11/min = SGD 0.22/min. We talked for about 20min or so. and then it was too late to go back to sleep. HAH.

But im thankful also that he called at such a time. So i wont be late for my Fajr! LOL.

BTW, i have also just found out that the IDD rate at Phoenix Comms to Pakistan has dropped. It used to be $0.60/min but now its only $0.40! Yayy!! I chose the prepaid service so as not to overshot the bill. i put the credit into my hp. So means when im outside i call him thru my mobile at $0.40/min but when at home i use the computer to call him.

So there. I didnt cry last night either. I can and will stay strong! Jia yoh jia yoh

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

adiekosongtiga said...

I think its not the vacuum dat we should worried about about, but rather, more about, keeping ourselves true to our spouse at all time and sincere to ALLAH with doa, dat will really help us to sleep.

Remeber I told you once about how I couldn't sleep when I was on a 40-trip to China?

Tears flow down my cheek and wet the air-pillow, coz I realy tot that was my last day, as I had that meaningful dream of number
"17".

Jussaemon said...

I remember the reason u cldnt sleep that time. But that is if that's the only one. I dont recall about ur no 17 dream tho.