Pages

Another Treat for Him

With his flights drawing near, we quickly made our way to Mustafa Centre to buy "souvenirs" for his family back home.


Zubair said that Ammi likes to get creams and cosmetics. But i kept telling him get something that is NOT available in Pak. If creams or whatever, a brand that is NOT available there.


In the end he bought Nivea, Tiger Balm and Enchanteur bath set. I find it a bit funny to be buying these things as souvenirs but then again, HE finds it funny to be giving out KEY CHAINS. So there. Another cultural difference. Well, as long as the receiver likes the gifts!


Dinner time! We cldn't go to Usman, much to our desire, bcos i didnt have cash handy. So i suggested Taj Samudra.


At first, Zubair said that place is boring cos the last time we went, there were no other pple! I said, "But there's TV...?" Afterwards, he conceded after we cldnt be bothered to look for any other fine dining restaurant that accepts VISA. That Delhi Restaurant is not as Halal as Taj Samudra or what we lovingly called Samundar.


First up, our juices.

Left is Fresh Apple Juice. Right is Sweet Lassi.

The fresh apple juice is so fresh after 30min it turned BROWN!! It amazed me lah!


The dinner spread

I told Zubair i want something spicy hot. So he recommended Chicken Mircha something on the left. Then he ordered Bhuna Mutton. When the dishes came, i said, "Hmmm they are brown in colour. Don't look hot to me. Hot should be RED." BOY! Was i mistaken. The Chicken was SO DAMN SPIcy lah!!!

The Roti/bread we ordered are 1 chappati (they call it Tandoori Roti) @ $2.50 each!!! 1 Cheese Naan i think $3.50. and 2 plain naans @ $1.80 each. That's all together 8 halves!

I predicted that the dishes wldn't be enough so i insisted Zubair to recommend a fish dish. Im not a fish person but I dont know why but i was feeling very fishy last night. Perhaps the description for Fish Tikka Masal was SUPEr enticing! Unfortunately, its priced at $11.90 which is ridiculous even for the I'm-in-a-splurging-kinda-mood ME.

Zubair decided on Fish Methi. The menu said Fish cooked with fenugreek and spring onion in thick gravy. Hmmmmm what the hell's fenugreek?? Ok whatever, i trust Zubair's choice.

It's yet another brown coloured dish. Didnt especially look appetizing or anything. But i was glad to find that its sliced fishes n not whole fish. Then i took a bite.... and i was in HEAVEN!!!! *drifting... drifting...* I CANNOT tell you how lovely it tasted to me! The fish has this BBQed grilled taste to it.. not too hot not too bland... i didnt even mind the black leafy thingies.. i just gobbled them good at the same time savouring each chew and each sip of the sweet juice. *cloud 9*

Seriously, i've never tasted anything so good. Esp for fish! Such a shame that i was already full! So we packed it for home.

Most importantly, the ambience is cozy. Complete with a flat panel TV playing Hindi songs video clips on and on. So much so that i didnt even realised that i signed for a $46+ check until Zubair told me later that night at home!


Afterwards, we went to the spot next to Lembu (cow) Road for Zubair to buy his Paan. As usual, i was asked to wait at the other side of the road in 7-11 store bcos he doesnt like me to be there with sooo many guys loitering around.


But not 2 min later, Ammi called! I struggled with my Urdu to say that Zubair is at the shop buying Paan. I didnt know how to say he'll call back and besides i dont feel very good to hang up on her when she's already made the effort to call. So i quickly walked over to Zubair and handed him the phone.


My God, did i feel uneasy or what! I felt like all the guys were staring at me like i was dinner or something. i focused my attention to Zubair and didnt look around anywhere. Zubair was still on the phone when the paan was ready n we were walking away. so i readjusted my hold of the long umbrella ready for any combat! hahhaah merepeQ


Lugging 5 shopping bags and my gym bag between the 2 of us, we staggered home. Tired from the night's outing and haven't really recovered from the previous night's!


I keep telling myself.. its ok ... just for this week. Then i can sleep and stay at home all day to my heart's content! Another thing that's ok for this week is EATING UP. As long as i keep going to the gym to balance it out. Jia yo jia yo! (Chinese for C'mon!)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

Caca, where is this place?

- Kak Adik

butterflyrubrics said...

Sis! U must tell me where are the good places to eat near Mustafa... I'm always lost when I go there :) What and where is Usman? I want both cheap and mid-range options... share ok? Heh.

narny said...

ehhehe ya share.. i love indian food and i am always lost abt which place to go to!!

Fenugreek is a herb which is good for preggie moms... increases the milk!!! lol

narny said...

eh did you also know the Naan at Al-ameen is superb??? even the ladies finger is power!! aiyoh i think i need to buy for dinner tonight!!

Jussaemon said...

Kak Is,

Yup already posted the Eating Places at LIttle India.

Haha noted the tip re milk! But cld fenugreek be the source of that BBQish taste of the dish? OMG im still swooning remembering Fish Methi. I was full then but i cld still eat it.. that's how tasty it was.

Really?? Never tried before! Cos Zubair always order TOM YAM Soup only! O oh no more time to go already. Maybe i'll tell mummy not to cook, then we can go Al-Ameen! Else... can always go for SUPPER!