Pages

About Babies lah What else?

I've been adhering to Hidayah's advice the whole day today.

I've been working hard attacking my IN Tray. I cleared 4 fifths of it. Yayy... I always procrastinate this certain task. Ergh~ Anyways, since i've cleared most of it, i can start blogging now! (Tmrw will attack the minutes of meeting. I have 3 undone!)

It's 5:30pm, so i'll write a quick one. the long story i will insya'Allah write tonight.

Yesterday, me and Nani were talking and somehow she got to asking me, "How come u prefer baby boy?"

Me: Actually... after seeing how cute Syifaa' is, i dont really mind if i get a girl. But mainly, i would like to contribute more boys into the country/world. I dont want to see the day the ratio to go down to 1 man for every 40women! (That's one of the signs of Armageddon.)

Nan: But that's supposed to be the outcome of a war what.

Me: Yelah.. but still..

Nan: I suppose Bcos in your own family too many girls already.

Me: YEAH!!! EXACTLY!!



Nan advised me that i really hafta save a lot a lot before having a baby. Bcos baby needs lotsa things. But just how much exactly? So i decided to ask my friend who has two very young children what's the budget to set aside for baby expenses and on what kinds of things.

She said she spends about $50 a month on milk for 2 babies. As for diapers, it may vary from month to month cos sometimes they get diarrhoea and u'd hafta use more. But if i recall correctly, its around another $50.

And then you hafta take into account the high possibilities of babies falling sick then hafta go to the doctor and all. Clothes and food are also another major expenses. So generally, she will put aside $200/m.

This is not including insurance yet!

I had asked the same person before about pregnancy, delivery and post-natal costs. She said that she used 100% of her medisave to pay for the hospital bill which was in the range of 2k. The pre and post-natal check ups didnt total up to much because she went to polyclinic.

I asked, "But dont u hafta wait very long at polyclinic?" She said oh no for these check ups, you have been allocated appointment slots, so u dont really hafta Q.

Oh right.


Ok i feel my research is still inadequate. Will update with more when i have them.

OMG, 4 of my best friends are pregnant!!! All due dates are very closed together! Gosh. May the aura rub off a lil or a lot on me! *blush*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Mrs Z said...

salam sis,

its me, Wana, fahim's wifey... ive juz realised dat u r actually Juliana's sister, am i rite?

Ur sis and ur mom hv even met my mom coz they dropped by to collect stuff dat ur sis bought.. hehe..

rgds,
wana

Jussaemon said...

Hello Wana... Yup that's right!

u cant be the one selling Shalwar kameez? hehe Sorry i havent replied ur multiply msg! bcos cam terbyk sgt lah pulak klw nak explain!

ok im logging in multiply now u add u as my contact