Pages

I'm certified OK

I have always been paranoid about my health.

But i got very concerned when lately i've been feeling SUPER Dizzy when i got up from a sitting position rapidly. I used to be proud that i DONT suffer such spells bcos to me it seems like the girl is frail or whatever. and now i got it.

I heard its one of the signs of low blood pressure. Funny. Cos my family medical history is painted black with HIGH blood pressure on both sides of the family (i think but surely at least 2 of my grandparents have it) not to mention diabetes lah bla bla bla...

I pointed this out to Nan just now on msn but she said, "I tot u always have headaches?" heheh i told her, "ohh yeah when i was small i always complained of headaches but that's bcos i was spinning myself on purpose!"

At first, i tot i should go for a medical check up, do blood test and things bcos its been 2 yrs since the last one. The one the company is offering is at $379! *faint* but it also include Papsmear which 3 gynaes have been asking me to do but im just too scared to do it and which Nan said would cost a lot more expensive even at govt hospitals. But $400 is a lot of money.

So in the end, i concluded to ask the GP if he thinks i should worry about my health since im going to see to get my monthly Zyrtec (for sinus?) supplies.

Firstly, i asked if it's alright to combine 4 diff kindsa pills namely: Zyrtec, Vit C, Yasmin and Panbesy (the slimming pill). He said it should be ok but reminded me that when i take Panbesy with the rest, i might have faster heart rate and sleeping problems. Which is fine cos that's Panbesy's side effects that i was warned for the first time round. But it confirms my worry on why do i feel panting breathless almost like asthmatic at times esp after drinking cold water.

Then i asked about my dizziness. He said its normal for ladies to suffer from them. And that it would be doubly more for me cos im taking 4 pills a day. I insisted, "But is it like a sign of low blood pressure or something? Should i worry?" He checked my blood pressure. It was 152/75. He said its normal. Not too high not too low.

OK phew. im relieved. So now, perhaps i can hold that medical check up for awhile. Need to save for a holiday! *wink*

On another note, I went to gym just now and was glad to find my weight didnt increase over the weekend of no exercise but more food intake! LOL. Or maybe cos i hadnt had lunch when i weighed myself? I still hadnt had lunch just MILO drink to sustain myself till Dinner with the girlfriends tonight! YAYYY

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 glasses of Juice:

adiekosongtiga said...

Surprise....surprise...after so many high historical chain in your family....you have one low here...and dats me...*wink*

Sometime in 1981, juz one yr before you saw the world, I had a blackout and *faint* in front of our 2 room flat in Ang Mo Kio.

My wife was at the kindergarten waiting for my 2 daughters to finish class.

I don't how long i was lying infront of the toilet, unconcious.

When I woke up, I was paranoid, thinking I may had broke my backbone, when I fell and *faint*
I had been having severe backache the past few days before that incident. You know the normal phenomena for married man *wink*

I crawled to the phone in the living hall and called my ofis and asked our division secretary to help arrange for ambulance to pick me up.

Meantime my wife came back and she was shocked to see me lying on the floor...bla...di...bla...

The ambulance arrived and the attendants tot they should take my wife to the hospital, as she was pregnant and was almost due for delivery.

BTW dat was The original Juice she was carrying in her womb *wink* *pink*

My wife responded in kalam kabut manner, "No..no...not me but my husband.."

Well Juice dats one low profile from your family...

narny said...

Hey you use Zyrtec too? Faris use that to ease his breathing as he has asthma.. I get my Yasmin supplies in JB cuz its its RM48 each and they dun need prescription. How much is Yasmin here??

Jussaemon said...

Ayah, if mummy was almost due to deliver means it should have been in 1982 cos im born in Dec, mah?

Hmmm Zubair hasnt complained or backaches so far.. hehe

I think i remember hearing this story before. But didnt connect it to low blood pressure. So insya'Allah the rest of us will have a balanced BP lah eh..

Jussaemon said...

Actually on the pack the pill is called Sancotec but i dont know why this one dr kept calling it Zyrtec. Its for my hingus every morning! LOL

For asthma, i used to take ventolin pills. Duh abih maknenye Faris dah tau telan pill?

Yasmin at Guardian Pharmacy is $30. But if u buy from hospitals its $21 + 5% GST. But the Q is super duper LONG!

narny said...

Faris takes Zyrtec in syrup form.. he said it tastes like raspberries!! duuhh.. so he kinda enjoy taking it every night before bed..

So yasmin in JB is Rm48.. it works out to be $21 no GST... so still worth it....