Pages

Harem Hair Treatment

Last weekend, i went to do my hair.


I was beaming to no end when the hairdresser kept complimenting on my hair. She said, "People would die to have such straight silky hair like yours. No need to do rebonding" Er... i replied, "Yeah lah People come here to rebond, i come here to perm."


Let me tell you something, straight hair is BORING!!!! I'd DIE to have wavy THICK hair. Although it won't really go with my super BULAT (Round) face. HUmans! We will never be satisfied. hehe My friends who have wavy hair complain of their unruly behaviour and uncombable state! hehe ok everything comes with a package i suppose.


But wait, was the hairdresser just trying to capture my heart so i would come back often. You know... sales tactic and stuff? I dont know, if it was intended to be, it certainly is a new tactic to me. Hairdressers were always saying how unhealthy my hair is to get me to buy their products.


Which in a way this one did too. She was more specific and more gentle about it, though. She said my hair is a little brittle in the middle that it can easily snap. That's why i can see a few strands sticking out like new hair. She advised not to tie my hair too often. But HOW? we NEED to tie them when we wear scarves and we wear scarves when we go out which is like 12 hours in a day?! Sheesh


In any case, i really love being treated at Harem. The people are very nice. I didnt get Yati's young and creative hairdresser Kak Maya or something but got a Cik Fauziah. But she looks damn young for a 55 yr old! I overheard her talking to another pair of clients that she now works freelance ... bcos its soo boring to stay at home with nobody to talk to. Now work is like play to her. No customer close shop, things like that. So cool, huh?


Just two bad exp though:

1. I initially asked for layered cut then added that i don't want V shape but an inverted one. She said, like that cannot layer the hair :( Now i feel a bit funny with thicker straight hair butts

2. The journey to get to and from East Coast Road is HELLISH ok! I had to take the cab from Wlands cos i had no energy to even walk and it costed me $20. To go back, i took bus 40 to Bedok and waited 20 god damn min for 168 to come. After such a painstaking wait from the bus interchange to ensure i get a seat, the bus had to break down in Tampines (where all the crowd gathers!) and made us wait for the next one. Luckily, i still got a seat.


For anybody who lives in the east, or has easy means of transport, i highly recommend this place. It's beautifully decorated with Mediterranean taste but its far from Wayan Retreat's standard lah. But i can tell you the service is TIP TOP! The first time i was there, they even served me lunch! Free.

So there.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 glasses of Juice:

Abid said...

You can wear that hijab Pakistani women wear, with no need to tie back hair. I tried to look for a picture on Google Images, but couldn't find one. :( I don't know what it is actually called.

Mohsin said...

ok this is compleatly off topic but I have been away from the bloging world for a few months and just found out the good news.

I would just like to congradulate you on the baby and pray that Allah swa gives you a beutifull healthy bably

Jussaemon said...

Heya Abid... Hmm I think i can imagine which you are talking about... i have a problem though, i have a SUPER ROUND face that many other kinds of hijab that doesn't have a sharp tip in the center would make me look like a balloon! Thanks for ur idea. will try it hmmm sometime. hehe

Jussaemon said...

Hi Moe,

You went backpacking across the world or something? hehe

Thanks for ur dua. Keep it coming :)

Mohsin said...

Yeah I went to japan for 2 months
I am putting up pictures and videos on my blog currently

And I am really surprised that you know that, how did you find that out?