Pages

Blog Networking

This topic has been in my bank of things to write for the longest time. Finally there's some motivation for me to write about it.



Over the course of 1 yr odd that i've been writing actively... I've made quite of handful of good friends. I shant name names for fear of missing anybody out but you know who you are.



Sue, for one, was amazed at how her network circle has expanded jsut with blogging either as a writer or reader. Becos once she made a comment on my post, a flock of my regular readers visited her site as well and we all became fast friends.



Do you know that i've even set up SWPH (Singapore Wives Pakistani Husbands) group at Multiply! LOL but havent got time to do anything with it nor invite anybody else. If you feel you belong to this group, please email me or drop at line at the website to be invited!


Blogging has been an outlet for me to express my feelings bcos when faced with a sudden problem, i normally get too stumped to give witty reply. It is also an avenue for me to remember things and perhaps appreciate some happy things when im down etc..



At the same time, i've earned $60 so far for ads placed on my blog thru Nuffnang just for doing something that i like! Fancy being paid for your hobby huh, albeit not a big sum.



The logic is if you have more stream of readers, advertisers would like pick ur blog to place their ad. And then when the ad run, you will be paid according to the number of unique visitors you have for the week that the ad run. Sometimes u will even get extra for every clicks that ur visitors did.



Mine is only a band 7 or 8 i cant remember, which should be about 1000 - say... 1500(?) visits per week. And that translates to $10 odd per week of ad. There was a blog reader who has a Band 22 readership and earns A LOT for a single ad. Fuyohhh



Well speaking of readership, this week i had a lot of hits even tho i had no posts till Wed. Mostly, when i write an attractive title and ping.sg readers pong me, i could get between 190 - 220 hits for that day. When i have no posts, i would get between 150 - 180 hits. I reckon about 75% of them are from regular readers and the rest from the search engine or whatever.



But this week, Mon thru Wed say a phenomenal amount of readership DESPITE no posts.


Why?



Because pple have been googling for KETUPAT and Honey cornflakes! I'm so tickled by this.

Even my sister said my site was listed as the 2nd result when she wanted to get a picture of Ketupat.

Well.. these are the fruits of my labour! and I'm loving it!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: