Pages

Rachel's Holiday




To be honest, the beginning was quite a drag. The book easily put me to sleep. I couldn't get past 1 chapter before i close it and have a wink. It's not the "dont drop me" material for the train ride.


So much so that i had to chuck it aside and read Further Under the Duvet first. Initially, my reasoning was that the latter has an earlier expiry date but didnt wanna start reading it cos at first i tot it was just some stupid short stories but i have written that its otherwise in the review i wrote in previous post.


After finished Further Under the Duvet, i felt more akin to the author and could see that the main inspiration for this book is her own battle against alcholism. Slang being: Giving up the "Sauce".


That started me to view and read it from a diff perspective. and it became SUPER interesting!


So there.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: