Pages

Nasi Goreng + Sambal Udang

Sat, 7th June 08


Everybody is away for the weekend, so i decided to cook Zubair's favourite dish. Sambal Udang. Since its funny to eat that one dish with just white rice... i decided to fry it.


Tragedies to follow...


I managed to get the instructions on the phone earlier from my mother who was in KL.


Fried Rice:

Sautee two scoops of blended onion, 1 green and red chilli each sliced in ur own style. Add a bit of water it wont get "kepul2" or... chunky? To add salt at this stage

Then put in the cooked rice. Mix well... If u want some more colour pour some soy sauce.

Mishap one: Rice finished! Just manage to scrape around to get just a lil under 2 cups. Thankfully its enough.



Sambal Udang (Prawn w Chilli)


Peel the $5 worth of Black Tiger Prawn completely. Dont forget to wash thoroughly. Then pour hot water in the bowl to cook them.


Mishap Two: I didnt get the desired effect like the one at Bilal where it was sooo spongy it was almost transparent!


And here i cheated a bit cos the Sambal was ready made in the fridge. I just poured half of the content to the pan, added water, tomato and chilli sauces.


Mishap Three: Chilli sauce also finished. Only managed to get 1 spoon.


Thank god it came out alright still... And Zubair loves it! Yayyy *beaming*


It took just about 30min to finish cooking. We got 7pcs of prawn each.


I shouldn't have finished ALL the rice cos i became so freaking full afterwards. and Z bcame hungry later w nothing more to eat.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 glasses of Juice:

Nadia said...

Both the rice and prawns look absolutely yummy. I wish I could get my Hubby to like seafood more. To him, seafood means fried fish fillet marinated in Indian spices and lemon juice. I NEVER had prawns with him - my Mom cooks for me whenever I visit her.

Jussaemon said...

Heya purple...

Apart from prawn, Z doesnt like seafood either ESP squids and crabs.

Awww poor you... Must disguise this seafood as something else to get him to at least TRY them. LOL Is ur Hub Arab or Pakistani?

Sandra said...

I am not sure if I am reassured that husbands/men are the same stubborn beings every where! I don't understand that if he is not working at all now and not bringing income into the household, why he wouldn't take any job he could get, at least for the time being? Lots of musicians work waiter jobs while getting careers in line.

Lovely food, I love seafood, and need to experiment with recipes from other nations. Thanks for sharing. I will keep you and Z. in prayers, hoping he gets music school job and that you two can communicate w/one another... and respecting each other's opinions w/o negating.

Peace!

Anonymous said...

Hubby is from Hyderabad, India. And yes, I shall find creative ways to disguise seafood :)