Pages

Tribute to 2 Friends..

I made 2 friends in the short first year at Stansfield. They are Lina and Wei Quan.


Hahah you might be thinking "Huh? Only 2?" But its a great achievement given that i hadnt made any long-term friends from my diploma course that spanned over 8mths.




Lina and i were both doing Bsc in Maths and Econs while Wei Quan was doing Bsc in Econs w Banking and Finance. We attended the core modules together.




I hit it off straight away with Lina on Orientation Day. I think she asked me how much i got for A Levels. Not seeing any other Malays around, i continued talking to her over tea break and found her very interesting. Her "forever Excited" demeanour is really infectious!



Being a shy "proper" girl, i dont outwardly go and make friends with males. Wei Quan was at first Lina's friend whom we referred to as "Kawan" or friend in Malay.


We all exchanged email/MSN addresses and hp no. This is so that when one missed one class, the other can take his/her copy of notes being handed out. Wei Quan was missing a lot of classes at one point bcos he was very busy with work. We updated each other about important dates and exchanged assignments! hahah no no NOT to copy.. just to er.. gather information. LOL


Lina and i really hated this lecturer who taught us Banking and Finance. We often skipped 2nd period together bcos we totally cldnt figure out what the APEK (Chinese uncle) was saying with his improper English.


Lina introduced me to Aunty Anne's and now im totally in LOVE with their pretzels!!


Lina is the catalyst to my marriage to Zubair bcos she was the one who invited me to http://www.lovehappens.com/ where i gotta know him.


So naturally, i update her a lot about our progress and she was simply ecstatic to know we were actually going to tie the knot. At that time, i really appreciated her positive attitude in taking the news. (I also appreciate all my other friends who cautioned me and showed me the dark possibilities for my consideration before taking the plunge.)


We even met up the week after my wedding to catch up. Apparently, Lina has taken up another Bsc course at UNSW. Some 3 - 4 months later, she got affected when UNSW closed shop in Singapore and took the opportunity to study in their Australia Uni where they were given subsidies. and she's still eager to meet me in Dec to catch up again! hehe I'm really not used to have such good new friends. =)


As for Wei Quan, I've never met him after i quit sch. But we kept in touch via MSN. I would update him of job opportunities in my company. He would... well he would just ask how m i... and sometimes we discuss life theories and opinions heheh..


He is the link between me and Stansfield since he's still there. I toyed with the idea to resume school, so he'd be the one i go to to ask whether exams' over, how's results, when to submit membership fees to London, etc. He is just so helpful! He promptly gave me RELC phone no cos i wanted to check if i can appeal to register membership. Regretfully, i never got around to it. Sheer procrastination!
I just wanna say that i'm grateful to have such good friends. I realised that i feel touched by their gestures that i resolve to keep in contact with my other friends also.


That's Lina on my wedding day. Sadly, i dont have a photo of Wei Quan.
Do not despair! We'll meet soon in December, yeah!?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

adiekosongtiga said...

Well done girl for having good friends. I hardly got one over my 55 years.

I usually becomes uneasy when someone wanted to be my good friends, as I am kinda of a free n easy type of person.

I become uneasy when having to wait for a friend, follow him shopping, because, I think, I am not the type who likes to linger at shopping mall etc...

As mentioned in my Delhi travels, I was uneasy when accompanied by friends, cause they dont eems to like to venture nature as I do.

Once I was waiting for a customer at a roadside to do some testing of instruments.

After about 5 minutes, I began to wander and explore the nature that existed around that roadside. I saw some ants were pulling a very tiny branch.

I got absorbed observing them, that I didn't realize the customer is already by my side.

He said in his English accent, "Wotcha doing Adam?"

I preferred to be close friends to nature and young children. They are innocent creations of the Al-Mighty God.

They seldom hurt my feelings as compared to adult friends.

Jussaemon said...

heheh maybe i got this trait from you after all? ;)

I too prefer to shop alone and keep it short n sassy. Make a list, pick up items and hit the cashier.

But its great to have friends to dine with.. or chat on MSN with when bored at work. Hee :D

Your keen interest in nature is ... *no words*... i havent reached that level yet.. Ants, lizards, reptiles, amphibians give me goosebumps and an itchy reaction!