Pages

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Remember i told you i had this opinion about the sensible "method" to work your way thru a meal?

Basically, it all must be balanced. Typically, a Malay dinner meal will consist of Rice, meat and vege. In each mouthfuls, i will ensure that i have equal % of rice, meat and vege to last thru out the meal. so that everything will finish at the same time. If there's leftover rice, i hafta add some more meat to eat w the rice. If there's still some more meat, i will add rice to eat with it.

I have a habit of having everything balanced and/or symmetrical. Eg: my tudung/scarf. hehe

Now, Kak Long said that those are signs of OCD!

Other examples of OCD taken from this site:



“I couldn’t do anything without rituals. They invaded every aspect of my
life. Counting really bogged me down. I would wash my hair three times as opposed to once because three was a good luck number and one wasn’t. It took me longer to read because I’d count the lines in a paragraph. When I set my alarm at night, I had to set it to a number that wouldn’t add up to a ’bad’ number.”




“Getting dressed in the morning was tough, because I had a routine, and if I didn’t follow the routine, I’d get anxious and would have to get dressed again. I always worried that if I didn’t do something, my parents were going to die. I’d have these terrible thoughts of harming my parents. That was completely irrational, but the thoughts triggered more anxiety and more senseless behavior. Because of the time I spent on rituals, I was unable to do a lot of things that were important to me.”



But boy was i glad when i glanced upon this paragraph:


Healthy people also have rituals, such as checking to see if the stove is
off several times before leaving the house. The difference is that people with
OCD perform their rituals even though doing so interferes with daily life and
they find the repetition distressing.


and also an introduction of OCD by Wikipedia:

The phrase "obsessive-compulsive" has worked its way into the wider English lexicon, and is often used in an offhand manner to describe someone who is meticulous or absorbed in a cause (see also "anal-retentive"). Such casual references should not be confused with obsessive-compulsive disorder; see clinomorphism. It is also important to distinguish OCD from other types of anxiety, including the routine tension and stress that appear throughout life. Although these signs are often present in OCD, a person who shows signs of infatuation or fixation with a
subject/object, or displays traits such as perfectionism, does not necessarily have OCD, a specific and well-defined condition.
I'm Off the hook! I DONT have OCD! wekkkkkk :P

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: