Pages

Badminton Fun!

The tournament day was finally here!!

This pic is from last week's practice session. They were so busy watching the game, they forgot to snap pics!


All of the participants!





This year's tournament's way better and more fun than last year bcos i got thru to SEMI-FINALS! hahaha no lah... bcos of the change in format.
  1. Points to 21 instead of 15
  2. Choose own teammate as opposed to "assigned" by drawing lots last yr
  3. Handicap points. Eg: Double ladies vs Double Men 10 pts for ladies, mixed double vs double men, 5 pts to mixed double
  4. At least 2 sets of game in Qualifying Round, if tie then 3rd set or Rubber.

Last year, there were 20 teams! Afraid of running over time, we only played 1 set on knock out system. Lucky for me, i was the best in the best 6 "losers" so i moved to next round.

I told you my partner is very good right? He won 3rd place lah last yr! So i was under extreme pressure to perform.

First round, we played against a Double Men team. With the 5 lead points we had, and Wei Lee smashing right into their tummy, we won both sets w point diff of btwn 5 - 10!

Immediately after that, we moved on to the next opponent, another Double Men. I played against them last week and knew they were good. it was a heated game! But i messed up lah with my screwed up serving! I was too nervous to serve properly like how the partner told me to, that it often fell short, netted and once even OUT! *shake head*

We lost but by a mere 3 points. The opponent later got 3rd place playing against 2 other teams in the Final on Round Robin system. Then i slapped myself mentally... "Why was i so scared of them? They lost BOTH games in the Finals."

But its ok. I really felt satisfied with the game. I would say my play has improved by 10% heheheh... at least something what... But i cldnt help feeling guilty that my partner didnt get to defend his title... tho it was only 3rd place! But of cos he dismissed my apologies.

I'd like to play at least once a month lah.. anybody wanna join? Kak Is maybe? And Im sure your dad be very good also being a tennis coach!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: