Pages

Thoughtful People Around Me.

Sometimes its wonderful, sometimes it irks me when i hear how thoughtful these pple are.

(Now i understand what Hidayah meant when she said she dont like goody goodies!)

Being the youngest pampered daughter, i think i am most of the time selfish. I want the things that i want, i want things to go the way i want, im not really willing to share except things i wanna discard and basically, just didnt' think of others.

Zubair surprised me when two nights ago he asked me, "So How's Kak Lina?" Kak Lina is the host where Zubair gave an outstanding performance on their grand piano, of which the video is here.

Me: Dont know
Zubair: Well, drop her a msg or something. Keep in touch. She's your cousin. We're not talking to her just for job or piano..

So the smses went like this:

me to Kak Lina: Hello Kak Lina. HOw are you? just dropping by to say hello cause Zubair is remembering you and family. send our regards to them all your parents in law and girls

Kak Lina:So sweet of your hubby to have us in his thoughts... :) Waalaikumussalam, from us all..

Me: Yeah he's a sweet thing. But too much of sweet will rot the teeth! hehe oklah keep in touch

Kak Lina: Till today Riqqah still remembers how he runcle Zubair is the one who put his long yellow scarf around her head face and body! the elder said she remembered him as the uncle playing our piano

Cute right those girls?!

i feel warmed and touched by this exchange... and i appreciate Zubair for urging me to do so... It's a new experience for me to be the initiator of maintaining relationship. heh

But then ah... im very amazed, these pple are so passionate, so thoughtful and selfless in part. How did they become that way? Makes me feel inept, ya know! Like why i dont have such natural characteristics in me? But yeah, i guess it needs to be cultivated and there's always time to start!

I remember when i was first being discovered sleeping at the backmost empty table in the office. It was 8+am, before the official working hours, so i took a chance to take a wink. Then my throat felt super dry and i HAD to cough. When i did, my Asst Manager quickly ran up to me and asked, "Are you ok? I didnt know you were here... Do you need to see the doctor?"

The force of such caring words almost took me back. Wow... I guess im not used to being the receiving end of a thoughful, caring person, esp in the working environment.

Back in Zac meat, our overtimes were seen as ways to squeeze more money out of your employer, our MCs and sick leaves were seen as more liabilities to the company.

Then in MKA, when i had to take leave or MC for period pains almost every month, my bosses came to slow talk to me. They said, "You hafta manage your problem."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Sandra said...

I do hope things calm down in Pakistan before you visit. I read the BBC news online:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6653475.stm

This is also online for Americans traveling there. I would assume much safer for you traveling with hubbie?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_930.html

About being thoughtful: our Father (God, Allah, Yeweh) gives us so many opportunities every day to serve one another. He also gave us free choice to act one way or another. Remember that small acts are important also, smiling, opening a door, helping get something off a top shelf. Once you look around a bit you will see so many chances to be thoughtful. You will find that there is joy in service.

Oh, and leave your poor husband be. He sounds like a very good and patient man, and you need to not throw temper tantrums! (See, Zubiar, blogging not so bad, huh?!)

Peace and prayer following you in your travels.

Jussaemon said...

Wow Sandra, the way you write it, seems like it's easy to be thoughtful. Just need to ponder some. I feel more motivated now~