Pages

Weddingophobia

I have a fear of weddings..

I've written about it before here. And I thought it'd go away after i myself got married. Surprisingly, it hasnt.

But to think of it, i HAVE been going to many weddings after i got married. But mostly they were like i-dont-even-KNOW-the-bride-and-groom-im-just-here-for-lunch-and-to-accompany-my-parents-sisters kinda thing.

Also, i have a STRONG view of NOT giving money at weddings. Pple think im a miser / lokek (which I prolly am) but it's just my principle that when u do weddings it should be ikhlas / SiNCERE and NOT expecting money/profit in return!! the latter is an even more undesirable attitude than being a miser, in my humble opinion.

At "strangers'" wedding, i can just sit and eat and mind my own business. but at a real wedding, I dont like the pressure of having to make small talks w pple/relatives i barely know, its too damn awkward! and you're expected to coo at the bride and groom. Im sorry, i can't do it, it is soo fake. i especially despise KARAOKE at weddings. just one word: AWFUL.

Mostly, i get angry seeing all the extravagance wasted on unnecessary things. Like more than 2 pairs of costume, more than 1000 guests, lavish decoration bla bla bla... and it is NOT bcos i cldnt afford it at my OWN wedding. i didnt have all those BECAUSE i dont believe in improvidence.

At the end of the day, of cos pple will do what they want. I dont despise them personally for it. I just beg that i will be excused for not witnessing it, can?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: