Pages

Cicak Glory

Once upon a time, i had no idea what to blog about. I asked my sisters what should i write. One said write about Cicak. But then she changed her mind she said she dont want the cicak to get all the lime light! hahaha Turned out i had other things to write about that day but kept it in my list. Yes i list down ideas of what to write. Otherwise, it might just get lost in the lalang (weed? cari.com.my says Long coarse grass)

A few weeks ago for a long time, i cldnt sleep well bcos i always woke up when i heard the footstep of lizards in the middle of the night. When i told this to Zubair, he said no lah must be from outside.. (we open the windows all thru the night bcos i cant sleep in stuffy aircon room) but i really heard it from right above my head! But it happened too many times already that i dont bother to feel afraid and just continue sleeping, but a bit lower ie further from the wall.
that day i saw TWO BIG lizards behind my computer table. the next day Zubair killed ONE of them. I still live in fear of seeing the other one.

For the past two months, we have been hearing lizard footsteps in the OFFICE!!! Others said maybe its a RAT! But i have my doubt. One day, my guy colleague saw the CICAK behind the fridge!! quite big. Imagine we have been making coffees in the pantry with him lurking behind very near! Oh my God! Sometimes i even left my cup there to dry over night or even over the weekend!

One lady colleague say dont kill it, tho she’s scared of it also. She said pitiful. but i told him to just kill it no need to pity it. He chased the cicak to behind the mineral water.. then behind the copier machine (Hid, i think u can imagine how).. Alas it managed to hide. I went thirsty that day. By the next day, cannot tahan, just braved the pantry to make tea and take water. *shiver*
But since then, we havent heard from him again. hahha kak long remarked the other day my reference to CICAK as “HIM”. But funnier is Zubair calls it HER!!! YUCKs! cannot imagine there’s a he and she of CICAK!

Anyway, i tot my ordeal is over or at least a long time before i encounter anymore cicak. but that night when i come home i saw a tiny cicak running to hide on the wall outside my house. and the next day again in my room! Dont know whether its the same one or its bro.
Kak Long said maybe my fear of cicak is the same as her fear of cats. She will always notice a cat from far away… and i will always notice cicak from the tiniest one. There was one dried up dead baby cicak on the FLOOR outside my student’s house where the shoe rack is. i almost stepped on it thinking it was some dirt or thread or chewing gum marks on the floor until i made out the outline of its limbs.

One day, Zubair were relating to my mother something about cicak then she told me this very SCARY and SAD story.

I never knew that mummy had two older siblings. I always thought she’s the first. she had a sister and brother. Both died. i dont know how the sister died but the brother was 1.5 year old when he died. One day, he was hungry and my grandma was washing the clothes by hand and told him to wait. He was on the floor when he saw something moving. It was cicak and he picked it and sucked it bcos he was so hungry! that night or the next day he had very high fever and died from it.

My mum was about to cry when she recounted it. Oh my god, my hair is also standing as im typing it. Its yucky… its sooo kesian (pitiful).. its just awful… such a young baby who didnt know anything.. So bad to lose him that way… But yeah lah its his ajal / fate already. but still!
I wish all cicak in the world will die. i dont care about the ecosystem. They shld just perish.

Do you have any scary cicak encounter?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: