Pages

Is it just me or is it....

What is it with me and weddings?! I never managed to go to any of my friends' weddings at all!! Jangan cakap sedara nye wedding, lagi lahh tak pergi!

I never did go to Shaidah's nor Kak Noor's weddings.

I was so excited to go to TWO of my colleagues weddings which fell on the same day, 1st May 05, but backed out at the last minute. I took the opportunity of having to babysit Shirah as a lame excuse for me not to be able to go to their weddings. when i would have thrown tantrums before if i were to babysit her. and Jessie has passed me some money to pass to the brides! She even smsed me, "since you are the unreliable one, you have to inform them that Kamal and i aren't able to make it bcos of prior engagement and the presents will be given to them on wed when they come to work" Oh Gosh! M i unreliable in that sense?

The only weddings that i remember going were:
1. my aunty's wedding (my mum's sister from her mother's side) i was like less than 10 yrs old?
2. a relative-cum-neighbour's wedding. (we lived in the same block and they held the wedding at the void deck so unescapable) i was in sec 1.
3. kak Zakiah's (zihah's sister). Itu pon pasal that's our family's lunch. this just less than 2 yrs ago? (i really liked her wedding's setting! So peaceful, not too many pple. best!!!)
4. HIdayah - my colleague's wedding. a yr ago. I'd known her for about 6 months only then, but i even slept over at her place! Itu pon pasal macam sedih lah klw dia kahwin then not so many friends with her around. I wouldnt want that ah.
5. Kak Norzamaria's wedding. Itu pon pasal pergi dgn 'azma abih lepas tu nak jumpa Aisha Manap! LIke on the way lah gitu...

M i scared of weddings? weddingophobic. That's an interesting word. But I don't remember anything bad happen to any of those weddings that would have made me soooo afraid to go. Or do i feel incapable or less fortunate bcos i myself am not married yet?

But the thing is I had really wanted to go to the last two invitations. THe first one lagi kat woodlands jer! Then.. Suddenly i got overwhelmed by this malas feeling and the weather did not help much, it being a very hot sunny day and all. Nak kata pasal takde teman nak gi, my other colleagues were also going...

Julissa Julissa.. tak tau lah apa nak jadi dgn kau..

*I resolve to go to my friends' weddings from now on. Esp Nani's!*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: