Pages

Network Development

Yesterday, my HR posted a new vacancy available.

Executive
Network Development


Responsibilities:

  1. Prepare and compile reports, perform product research and analysis, conduct surveys and manage projects
  2. Develop ideas for campaigns, execute and monitor campaigns in a timely manner and provide intermediaries with interim updates or reports
  3. Draft communications to intermediaries
  4. Manage and update intermediaries’ and agents’ database
  5. Administrative duties like preparing contracts, updating incentive packages and arranging training programs

Requirements:

  1. Minimum “A” level or a university degree
  2. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
  3. Minimum 1 year of general insurance experience
  4. Team player, adaptable and good interpersonal skills
  5. Experience in managing or handling intermediaries
  6. Good communication and writing skills

I feel like trying for a transfer to this department because:

  1. "Executive" will be a step up in the career ladder
  2. Possibly better pay
  3. More work. and i like to do reporting
  4. I WAS an intermediary before and knew roughly how this job will be.
  5. I meet all requirements and surpass some. ie 3.5 years in General insurance and very proficient in MS Office hehehe

But then again, There are too much uncertainties... and cons:

  1. There will be no retreat like Sentosa
  2. Too much workload maybe?
  3. I doubt the boss will be as nice as my current one
  4. Wld i need to stay back late??
  5. How will my desk be?
  6. Is this a new position or replacement?
  7. Can i come back to ACS dept if i feel unhappy in new dept?
  8. Will i get it at all? if i dont, Will boss treat me differently? positively or negatively?

I emailed my colleague in that department asking is she leaving or got promoted? she said neither and sounded delighted if i'd transfer. When i said im not sure how my boss will take it, she said, "tell him i wanna swap me with you" Does that mean she's unhappy there also?

Questions Questions...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 glasses of Juice:

Hid said...

I think you should forward your queries to that colleague kot? She prolly wun tell lah kan if she's unhappy but maybe u cld like do bit of investigative work *wink*wink*.

If you think you can learn more as well as contribute more to the company, y not? This gotta go hand in hand wif better pay of course..hehehe ^_*.

Jussaemon said...

Firstly.. im not exactly CLOSE to her. i did ask her why wld u wanna swap place w me, she just said for new experience...

but whatever it is, i've decided im prepared for the challenge. I already told mike last fri that i wanna discuss something w him today. *nervous*

Wish me luck.

Hid said...

Good luck!!! :)