Pages

Specs VS Lenses

I first started wearing lenses back in 2003?


I started with a Honey colour blended bi-weekly ones. Crazy me. Then got that cornea ulcer. Stopped for awhile... and wore my specs... Daily.



I dont like to wear specs cos

  1. they make my nose look funny, just look at this pic taken back in Oct 06. But it does reduce the tembam-ness or chubbiness of my cheeks somewhat.
  2. I feel like specs are intruding my vision. i think its bcos of my SUPER LOW bridged nose, the specs tend to slide downwards and the rim descend to mid eye level. The rimless kind are much better but still funny when u can see it doesn't cover my eye wholely
  3. i cant lean my face to the side when lying on bed to watch TV.
  4. Irritating when HOT and sweaty.



Then in Dec 2006 just before my trip to Bangkok i bought 3 pairs of boxes of 1-day lenses and started wearing them DAILY!! It was such a fuss lah. Must remember to wash hand, must remember to put on before wearing cream. Worse was i always had problem taking them out! (but not after my cousin Nur showed me how to remove it easily then i became confident.)


A year later, those supplies depleted. And I am not alone anymore and hafta consider my expenses carefully... So i DID buy another 3 pairs of boxes but am rationing them very very carefully.


So now i only wear them for special occasion when i feel i wanna look my best or when i wear make up. But bcos of that, i dont stretch the usage anymore to 3 days, not even for another day. Cos its too damn tedious. When im not wearing lenses, i dont even wear my specs since i dont really need to look far much being in the office all day and all... and my degrees are just 100 and 150.


Somehow, lately, i feel a bit irritated lah with this blurry vision. Esp bcos it stopped me from getting to drive! Like everytime Ayah asked if i could drive, i'd say o oh sorry not wearing specs.


So now... im back on specs. And suddenly i feel much more confident with crystal clear (well not exactly) vision. But i suspect it will not be long before i chuck it aside again... sigh...


Actually this story has no moral. (Pte joke with my sisters: cerita takde moral!!! LOL) Just to exercise my fingers typing. haha

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

cerita takde makna? we all will say cerita takde modal! HAHA

as for wearing glasses, yeah, tell me about it... ive been wearing glasses since 1990! my deg is around 350... and of coz kalo nak kluar je i will put on lenses...

and recently i enquired over here about doin the laser eye surgery for both eyes (its a well known eye clinic btw), the cost is only 1k :D but dun tink im doin it lah...takot jadi Buta plak. :O

about glasses plak, i prefer those half rim ones, rectangular shaped, plastic... u try lah..get those color ones and im sure u'll look good in it

-wana

Jussaemon said...

Yeah i have thought of half rimmed ones cos the rimless ones so fragile lah! Asyik senget jer. And then hafta mind the design so that it will cover my eye fully!

you SGD 1k? Not bad at all! Here in spore started at 2k per eye but now with competition, the price is 2k for both! But yeah risky lah... Unless your degree is like... 1000 or something then only it can be considered as an option!