Pages

Hopes of Buying Our Own House CRUSHED

I got a reply from HDB re my enquiry about buying a house with a Pakistani husband.

Her reply as follows:


We wish to inform you that the Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme allows a citizen above the age of 21 but below 35 to buy a resale flat from the open market with a non-citizen spouse who holds a long-term social visit pass (including work permit) of at least 6 months.


I got hopeful when it says 6 months of SVP as Zubair has been granted just that and which will start on 7th May.


So i scrambled to find the 3-room house to buy so that he is still "eligible" when we register to get the house something or other.


However calls with two house agents and i found out that:
  1. Its the seller's market now
  2. A lot of people are downgrading now
  3. Causing a demand for 3- and 4 -room flats
  4. And they are demanding AT LEAST 25k above valuation (of average 200k depending on location)
  5. Which is payable in CASH

Hello??? Who has 25k in blardi CASh!?? If there is anybody, i will go and rob him! Yeah i'm THAT desperate! LOL!

But my friend told me not to give up. There might be some urgent sellers like divorce cases or demise of one of the owners, etc etc.


And now i just reread her reply and it says "including work permit"??? *faint

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

U can still look for older flats in Jurong West, Yew Tee or maybe hougang area. They might be more affordable. However, still need to budget for renovation and furniture.

Jussaemon said...

Thanks for the tip! Nope, not thinking of renovating anytime soon.

Only that small little clause "with Work Permit" is troubling me.

Sandra said...

It is just that the time is not right for you at this moment. It took me awhile to $ave and then the market changed in my favor, so I thank God for answering my prayers... in his timeframe, though, not mine! My prayers are with you and Z. in finding work and a home... God WILL provide, do not worry so.

narny said...

Seriously Ca... there are aplenty of unoccupied flats in jurong!! Its unbelievable! Thats why my house there is bloody cheap!

narny said...

Seriously Ca... there are aplenty of unoccupied flats in jurong!! Its unbelievable! Thats why my house there is bloody cheap!

Jussaemon said...

Thanks ya'All for your motivation and prayers. I can only look forward to a sweet future, after all the hardwork... Insya'Allah... (God willing)

Kak Is... then u rent out ur house eh? Got pple wanna rent in Jurong one ah?

Anonymous said...

Nan: do check again if ure able to immediately rent out ur flat upon purchase. The last I heard is tt they recently changed a policy, ie kena wait a couple of years before boleh rent the whole house out, unless ure travelling overseas for a long period of time(like moi)... check first k...

Jussaemon said...

Oh actually i got a bit confused reading ur comment. I tot u were addressing to Nan but its actually from you, NAN. LOL