Pages

My Hand...

used to look like this. Back on 18th Feb, that is 3 weeks after the incident.



9 weeks into the injury, it looks like this.

I showed my hand to my girl friends last Sun and most of them gasped! I am a bit torn in between feeling awful that this happened to me and feeling proud i braved thru this. Although i think im leaning to the latter as it seemed like a Love Scar.

Even Apple Juice now reminds me of the hurt on my hand. Cos when i was brought to the hospital without any bfast yet, i was given heavenly apple juice to drink up since i didnt have much appetite for other things.

My hand feels almost back to normal except for occasional "electric shocks" and the ugly scar that will... some day fade away.

It looks scary bcos last week i had a mosquito bite and rashes! An allergic reaction to this natural rubber latex on this plaster. That's why the scar looks black or dark or whatever. The doctor prescribed me some medicine and Zyrtec to stop the itch. I guess i hafta get Vitamin E cream myself.

In any case, I'm happy to have achieved several milestones. i can do stuff with left hand or both like:

  1. 100% Dress on my own
  2. Pull doors open
  3. Turn the knob albeit slowly
  4. Wash plates

That was why i felt confident enough to start spring cleaning my room last Sun. Up Next: Hand wash my 2 months old Shalwar Kameez *plug nose*


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 glasses of Juice:

narny said...

gosh it does look bad!! I was wondering how bad it was. looked like you tried to commit suicide! lol