Pages

My First Cry

He was the last person I thought could have caused me the frustration that drove me to tears.

I wasn't the right person for the job. But why did he give the task to me when there was somebody else assigned to do it and esp when she was being CCed in the email as well? No, in case you're wondering, he's not one who can add more roles to my jobscope.

Everything else i usually will do for all of them. Filing? Scanning? Copying? Forwarding email?

But this is totally out of my league. I felt total desperation bcos I did not know the story of the account right from the beginning. He did tell me to ask from her how to do it. In fact, a template was given. But the lingering question is... WHY??

Not wanting to be petty and say, "this is not my job." I did what i could. A thought did cross me that if i do this once, he would dump more and more things on me.

So, what i did was, return the work to him with my actual boss in CC saying,

Despite not having any prior training at all, nor knowing what’s the head or tail of this account, I tried my hand at the task you’ve instructed me to do with some help from S. As such, I extracted the information as best as I could from the broker's latest slip.

Please review them with a kind eye.


At least, this is a much much improvement than 2 previous employment. Only after 2 years with them that i first cry.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: