Pages

iPhone 3GS Review

So i've had the iPhone for 1.5 week now. And i feel like i've really downgraded myself! Here;s Why:

1. NO VIDEO CALLS!!

What the hell?! That is the MINIMUM requirement of mobile phones nowadays ok. I've had video call function for the past FOUR years! Going without one is like ... crippling! I really can't believe Apple is soo... cheapskate!

I googled around and found out that iPhone OS 3.2 will have a video call function. It is now in iPad but of course iPad doesnt have a camera. So i basically hafta buy a new version when it comes out. BAh!

Otherwise, i'll hafta put my sim card in my old Sony Ericsson to do a video call. Thank god i still keep it.

2. Can't Delete or Organise pictures!

After i synchronised my pictures from my pc to phone, i discovered that they are all jumbled up in only ONE FOLDER. I used to have for Eg: Family\2009\"Name of event". Imagine i now have 6226 pictures (4GB's worth) distributed in only 9 folders. DIE!

Worse! I realised that i couldn't even DELETE the synched pictures. So instead, i hafta delete from my pc or uncheck them and synch again. What the!

I can't sort my Camera Roll either! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Freaking irritated!

3. No TAGS in Notes

Again, i hate the non-organised way Apple works. Notes are scattered all over with no form of sorting or categories! You know, like how Palm / Treo does.

Worse still, Notes are in Descending order by DATE amended. Even if i only just VIEW the note without making any change, it will go to the top. It makes it HARD to look for a specific note if i dont remember what date i wrote / amended. I mean... WHO WOULD! *roll eyes!*


At first, i thought ringtones are limited. and lived for a week without a Car Horn for incoming call and Glass for sms. I'm not satisfied with that so i googled around and found this website to customised YOUR OWN RINGTONE! Now That's COOL! It's quite WORDY but if u follow slowly, it works! I especially like that we can cut in the middle of a song.


I was sooo angry with my purchase, I tot I should have just be contented with iTouch because if iPhone is only good for games, then iTouch was enough. But Cuz Nur reminded me of just why i did.

"I dont need Wifi to get internet access to... CHAT or play Lexulous."

And then i calmed down and grateful that i only paid $118 for my phone after a $150 voucher for a recontract.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: