Pages

Lethargy + Iqra'

Since longggg ago... i've always felt i have some problem in my body... cos i am always sleepy.. i can't keep my eyes open on long journeys and my bedtime from school till now is 10:30pm, LATEST LATEST 11pm..

I thought of taking vitamins or drink that something Bitagrape or something to boost ur energy... but never got around to it...

Then Early this year, when my boss sponsored Gym membership for 2 years for our dept, he said one of the advantages of exercises regularly is u dont feel lethargic... quite contradicting in my point of view cos u feel TIRED after exercise what? But he said something like it will help u sleep better and feel more refreshed the next day or something...

Hmmm im not quite sure... *shrug*

Anyway point of this entry is that Zubair thinks that im taking too much Iqra' classes and wants me to cut down. apakan tidak (what's not to be so), everytime i come back from class i will be like a FLAT battery... and didnt get to talk much to him.. and on weekends, we dont get to go out as much cos of my classes and letharginess haha...

But i told him.. Now i have 3 classes..

A. Sat mornings at my place. They are my cousin and they've just started in Jan. i'd feel bad to stop teaching them plus they come over to my place...

B. Sat Late morning. I have been teaching them for 2yrs now. The mother in her late 40s who was Arabic illiterate before can now read easily at Book 4. I'd wanna see her read the whole Qur'an... So i dont intend to stop teaching them anytime soon..

C. Wed and Fri nights. There's nothing much that keeps me going for this one except that its good money.

Oh God do i sound money-minded and insincere? But this is probably bcos im still new to them and they cant seem to attach to me yet and the youngest one has very short attention span like he's NOT interested to learn. I CAN'T stand teaching unmotivated and playful young students. Give me an illiterate adult anytime.. they read slower but the main thing is they WANT to learn.

While here im trying to cut down on my lessons, my ex students (3 groups of them) have been calling me to teach them again and i have NEW offers to teach also... i have no other choice but to outsource them out.

Since i have 4 or 5 potential students who are looking for teachers, the resourceful part of me thought of charging a small fee for brokering services. (i hafta make calls to both potential students AND teachers.. and match them up) Say... $20 for the first two months... that would amount to almost $200 if all transactions come thru. the down sides are:
1. Again i'd seem insincere
2. diff to track when the teachers get salary
3. How to get the money from the teachers?

Kak Long thought that i shouldn't impose on them since Iqra' salary is not much anyways. on average $120 every 4th lesson. She told me to just reap the rewards in the HereAfter..

So conclusion is i'm not dropping any classes anytime soon.. nor wld i take in any more of course.. i wont charge any broking fees either. I still need to think of ways to boost energy to be able to be a good wife to my husband. Any ideas?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

Hid said...

Tis my opinion only lah but maybe you could try include more fruits and veges in ur diet? Sometimes we r tired cos the enzymes in our body cant work as their bestfriends/co-factors i.e. vits and minerals are not there to work wif em. Alternativly you shld consider multivitamins or B-vitamin complex. These may help but do speak to doctor/nurse before u decide. Look for supplements tt are able to release nutrients gradually. I will start popping multivit complex supp soon also (cos my diet is nonsense). Coffee also makes u more alert but some peeps like me cant drink coffee. firstly it acts like a diuretic on me and secondly i get palpitations.

Maybe you could nap on ur way back from work so u wldnt feel soo tired after work?

2) With regards to Iqra, i agree wif ur kak long, u'll reap the benefits Hereafter, insya Allah. I wonder Zubair cant take on some of those Iqra assignments?

Jussaemon said...

ohh ok the professional nutritionist's talking.. listen up pple. hehehe

oklah since my diet doesnt consist of much fruits nor vege, i think i shld take those vitamins lah..

I dont like coffee too.. its too bitter! i wonder why pple can get addicted to it!

Nap sounds real nice! i LOVE NAPS! but sometimes i get the honour of driving home, so can't sleep then. haha but surely in the MRT i WILL Sleep.

ok Hid.. got the msg, already decided NOT to charge.

When i put the opening on my MSN nick, he msged me to say he's interested! hehe then it made me wonder is it possible? mostly my students wants FEMALE teacher secondly, Singaporeans wld be confused w his pronounciation .. Need to go thru w him how SPOREANS read then he can teach i guess...