Pages

Secretary Week & Picture story

Last week, one of the weekday nights one of my ex lady bosses smsed me asking if seh can call to ask some questions about work. She said she didnt dare bother meduring the day. I called her and afterwards, she invited me to go for sec lunch the next week on Wed. I said i'd love to but i'd hafta check with my boss first as it will most likely run more than an hour. My ex bosses also went to all the trouble to change their venue to accomodate my diet. How sweet...

So tunggu apa lagi? the next day i asked my boss right away if i could go for lunch at 12nn n tt its for sec lunch so it might run more than an hr. he said "yeah sure go ahead as long as you're back by 2 cos lunch hour is anytime between 12-2pm and I'm not in Singapore anyways." When i informed my asst mgr that i'd be away longer for lunch that wed, she was very nice about it also. She said in an email "I think you have a great ex-boss who still shows his appreciation even after you have left the company. Enjoy!"

Im very excited for this lunch. Firstly cos it's been quiet some time since i went out w Lynn the secretary (we had always lunched together... that's where the missing feeling comes about) and secondly, i wanted to introduce myself to the replacement so that she won't feel awkward calling me. like Salmah would put it "put a face to a name".

And Wah they even picked me up from my office! We went to Swensen's at Funan. The first thing the male boss said when i got into the car was "wah so bright today" cos i was wearing a white shirt. Strange having a guy comment on your outfit huh? Then one of the lady bosses asked straight away "How's your new job? how's the boss?" I said oh yeah he's very nice!! and she replied jokingly, "yeah which we're not" hehe

Then when we reached our table, while waiting for our food to come the other lady boss asked me to give an advice to the replacement. i said, "Check your work". and they all laughed remembering the good old days. such great sense of humour they all! heheh and then they started asking me about other work stuffs how to do this and that which they're not sure of.

I thought i would be all stressed up meeting them all... But i suppose it wasnt that bad lah... =)

Anyways, yesterday i felt a bit useful after all... My boss who is overseas forwarded me an email to register for him something within 2 days. so i set about doing it for him. I felt reassured that at least i have done something for him which he would've difficulty doing if he had not hired me. =)

And did i mention to you that i love my office desk? those who saw me in MSN would already know. well... for the past 5 years of my career my table has always been a long one set against the wall ie facing the wall and shared with other people like this one at MKA:


Now I have my own cubicle! This is how it looks like from the main door. I'm also like a receptionist for this small office lah open the door for visitors and stuffs.


I also just got a new pc! During the first few days i was using this huge monstrous pc from the 90s surely slow like dinosaur while waiting for this sexy mamma! sleek isnt she? the rest of my colleagues dont get LCD screen cause their tables are bigger L or U-shaped as compared to my I-shaped one heheh.


And the proudest feeling of all is i got my own name label behind my desk~~~ Alhamdulillahhhhh

So anybody's got any ideas how to decorate my desk some more? im already scouting for a cute seat cushion..

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 glasses of Juice:

widzgeek said...

ehehehe... a work like me couldn't have such a sleek and empty cubicle. Mine, once clean and simple has been chunked with lotsa papers, books, and all....

Will revamp mine when the time comes for a healthier environment hehehe

AzRaNan said...

heyo galpals! Once when I was attached to Mediacorp, I fell in love with this one particular colleague's workstation. Of course, she had all those chunk of things as well, but the way she decorated it...wah, so creative one.

She bought bulu cloth from Spotlight, (black and red ladybug motif), and covered her desk with it (cut nicely according to the desk size). Surprisingly, it didn't turn out semak at all! It actually gave this nice cosy homey effect. But don't buy too bulu lah, later susah nak bersihkan.

Then, she had this very small bowl of 1 very small goldfish beside her PC, wow! It had this zen effect. She said the goldfish memang for that ah, to relax her tired brain. Everyday she feeds it with 3 small grains of fish food. Very easy maintenance.

Nowadays, u can buy those 'organic goldfish tanks' yang ada jual pat Bugis junction, yang tak payah feed because ada organic nutrients from these special 'sand'. Apparently, fishes can get oxygen supply from the 'sand' too. Pernah nampak kan?

What else eh caught my eye at her desk? Tak ingat ah, but the thing is, I was soooo in love with her desk, I remember spending time there just swivelling in her chair (with her permission of course, lol!)

Jussaemon said...

Er... Thanks Nan for your suggestion... i think i get the idea but i dont think i'd wanna be caught with bulu2 things heheeh or at least not in the first month of the new employment! kehrkehrkehr

Fish is interesting... maybe can consider though im not very fishy myself