Pages

Biar Betul Unfortunate Events?!

Hmmmmmmmm Been wanting to blog this for ages! But asyik tak terblog ajer...

I went to watch Biar Betul one of the weekday nights a few days ago with Kak ly and kak long... It's not diff to expect tt Kak Ly slept through most of it and kak long too a bit here and there! After we went out, they said that it was the slowest movie they've ever watched. so long it took them to reach the plot lah whatever... But, on the contrary, i cried at the ending! It had really moved me when i put myself in Shani's position crying over her brothers. I don't wish to write spoilers for those who havent seen the movie but i wish there's somebody who share my approval to that movie. Because to me its not slow at all! Much better than the typical malay drama on TV ya know. The jokes are not that lame either as most typical malay movies are. I really salute.

And when is this Unfortunate Events going to be screened nih?! PEnat guey menunggunya tau! Started to read the book already. One fateful day, ayah was on leave and couldnt send me to work so i took the train... and that particular day i got a flyer from a girl and i saw it said "San Bookstore. Buy Sell or Rent Books" Interesting. and it's just next door at Amara S.C so i decided to check it out with my cousin that same day during lunch time. and i immediately saw The Unfortunate Events (or rather i asked her where is it cos i couldnt see them in the library at all!) Unfortunately, (now misfortune has started befalling me already the future reader of Unfortunate Events?) the Book 1 was on loan so i rented Book 2 and 3 instead bearing in mind that Nani said it was not so diff to understand if we start half way.

And my it WAS interesting! So interesting that i finished reading it in 2 days! ok ok that's not so fast for such an easy-read book but i'm a hardworking employee ya know so not tt much time (though i had to fight the very strong urge to read during working hours) and i had been the morning shift driver also those few days and in the ride home i slept! hehehe Later on i borrow Books 5 and 9 from the library. But Book 9 was a bit too far for me that when i read Book 6 i know already who Esme is, though i still canNOT imagine what Count Olaf was up to! And after awhile it get kinda stale doesnt it? I mean 8 series of the same outline of the story... U kinda know what to expect. But the books still put you on the edge! After that i borrowed from the library Lemony Snicket : The Anauthorised Autobiography. I read through halfway it's kinda boring for me for the simple reason that it is so the long-winded and complicated that i dont understand and just tossed it aside. and i can tell ya it's a BIG BIG SPOILEr!!!! Especially about the V.F.D thingy!! But i thought i saw the book being published in the middle of the series. I just dont understand Why!!!

heheh u must be confused about my feelings for the book. oklah My conclusive Review about the book Series of Unfortunate Events is: It's a good read but Read in sequence and DON'T Read the Autobiography unless you've finished all the series. And watch the movie!!!!!!

So long now. Have a nice day everybody!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 glasses of Juice:

`Ainul_Iza said...

jusss~!! nak pinjam bukuu tuu~!!! me try carik gak tapi cam x nampak ahh~!! ada lagi with u tak?? i wanna read ah.....

hmm.dulu x pernah nampak/dengar pun sal buku ni....?? kenaper ye.....?? hmmmm....

Jussaemon said...

skrg on rental kita cuma ada Book 6 and 7. heheh sorry.

DUlu kita pernah nampak kat popular.. macam best gitu but never really bothered to read cos it looks kinda childish. hehehe Tapi after much persuaasion from Nan... I started reading it! hehehe