Pages

Pakistan Trip Update

Having gone thru a turbulent past 1.5week, i hope the worst is over.

As a result, my parents urged me to reconsider my decision staying in Pak for a month ie 8th Dec - 8th Jan 08. Reasons being:

  1. boss was reluctant at first to give leave. Tho Ukhrawi or Life After Death is important, we cannot neglect our current life and take it for granted. Who is to know what will happen to my job when i come back?
  2. Pakistan is known for its terrorism. No offense to Zubair's family, i have no doubt they are good pple. But its the other pple who wldnt care for me that can do me great harm. My dad gave a scenario, a guy pretended to be a relative n lured me to some place, then held me captive and sell as sex slave or whatever. Funny. Mummy said, if, God Forbids, u die there, its fine bcos death can come anytime anywhere. But i dont want you to be "dianiayai" ... victimised.
  3. Will i really be comfortable w/o my family for a WHOLE MONTH, this being our first time and all? Being a Singaporean, i wld say we're very pampered pple, accustomed to facilities and conveniences. and additionally, i have ALWAYS lived with my parents thru the 25 yrs of my life.. esp my mummy... what were i to do if she's not there?? heheh Who will iron/wash my clothes?

Actually, Ayah advised ALL of us NOT to go. On the other hand, i can't bear to leave my husband 1 week before then 2 weeks after. Ok, initially, i was worried about some female disturbance in my absence, but Ayah convinced me that he's really true to me, he wldn't do anything and that we need to control our nafs / desire. That's why we have Ramadhan, in which we fast in the days.

Anyway, we reached a compromise that they will go n I can also go with the condition that i go n come back with them instead of 1 whole month ie 15th - 25th Dec 07, which, i agree very much after considering the above 3 points.

On top of that, i wont hafta use ANY unpaid leaves at all! Hooray! Plus, Ayah said that we (Zubair and i) can go wherever we want. No need to consider abt them as they'd like to be free to sight see also. and i sooooooooooooo wanna go to Murree... the Mountain resort. It snows there in Dec!! and its only S$100/night and the flight is just $100 per person too! *jumping jumping* BUt then, Zubair said, hafta look n see how's the political condition in Pakistan. Bcos, unfortunately, Murree is located in Islamabad, the country's Capital. It might not be very easy to go there. Well ... let's see...

Hmmm... Do i still need to take a laptop with me during that 10days trip? It will be very useful to upload pictures n blog. bcos i dont want to return with so many stories that i dont know where to start... or that i forgot some important points...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 glasses of Juice:

Anonymous said...

Try for once in your life to be with your hubby and nature, without electronic, without laptops, without mp3, without, walkman, without camera, etc...i.e. you have nothing but only your hubby with you n nature.

My first trip to Hajj in Makkah, I really had good communication with ALLAH, as we did not bring our handphone, no camera etc...We had only ALLAH.

We felt very relieved, rejuvenated and tranquilled and very peaceful from the electronic harass in life.

Our Hajj was a normal slow flow of the breeze. So we didn;t feel the February heat.

Jussaemon said...

Er... Oklah in that case, i'll bring extra memory card (lucky i have extra)... can't bear NOT to take photo of nature, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Good girl.....can I also have some shots from your camera...hee...hee...

First I said no good, but then later I oso want a bite....is this sour grape?

Not..no...no...its a kind of way to tell you it is OK to bring camera, but do not be a paparazzi...just take a normal slow pace in life and camera shots even slower than that...

Of course you can continue to take photo of food, plates, cups, rooms. people, nature....carry on...but be moderate and discreet about everything...even to the extend of controlling yourself from over-exposure of your personal life.

Some life and marriage experience, wether good or bad, are for our personal lesson from ALLAH.

Talk to ALLAH of anything that you don't like, and HE will fix it for you.

Don';t believe me...????

Just do it