Pages

Making New Friends

It's marvellous how i've made many new friends because of my husband.



When before this, i've never really made ANY new friends for the past 25 yrs of my life besides my 10 best friends from pri 1 and colleagues from work. Even then, i always manage to lose contact with the latter as explained in this entry.





My first real and official Pakistani friend is Fatma, a 19yr old poly student whom i mentioned ever interviewed us before. Being the first and for quite some time the only pakistani friend i had, she eventually became my translator. I often had to make a three way conference call with her when i want to talk to Ammi and Z wasnt available.





That was why i felt elated when Nisa dropped a msg on my chatbox some 3 months ago? when she said she's a Pakistani Singaporean who just discovered my blog. So much so that i asked her to give me msg on my email and now we are fast friend. :D Chat buddies and always entertained ourselves with the other is bored and very much a confidante. Things you can't tell even or ESP your close friends or family. HAH So when i die, you guys know who to look for to know why and how.





But of course wayyyyyyy before that, a kind man dropped by my website also suggesting that i check her wife's blog. Turned out that she's the one my sister has been buying cloth material from in multiply!



She's Wana. A malay lady living in Karachi with her Paki husband and their 2 sons! We often bitch i mean talk about Pakistan and shalwar kameez. Bcos i was still very green when i gotta know her i asked her so many Questions!!



Very opp me and Z who got married after 6 months, they did after 10 yrs of knowing each other! That's real cool. It's great how you can talk in Malay about Pakistan and be understood. :D



BTW, now she's a home resident of my chatbox as well as comments page. hehehe Yes continue to make yourself at home ok...






Then there's Fara, my friend's friend, whom i've written of before. She's the Malay-integrated Pakistani Singaporean lady who married a pure Pakistani. I've even met her and we got along very well! On Msn, i've been talking to her about Z's job as well as cooking Pakistani dishes and how to impress MIL with good URdu! She would so be my ideal Urdu lang teacher.

She's even invited us over to learn cooking (that's for me) as well as to let Zubair satisfy his craving for his "native" food. hah

Then there's you, Naz. I havent seen you online yet but we'll get to know each other.

Also, Rabiah, Zubair's friend from Tagged. She's Pakistani but not really Malay-integrated. She's been very helpful too asking around for suitable jobs for Z.

There's this one of my blog readers, a Chinese married to a Pakistani. She contacted me to get her sari tailored but somehow the plan to meet her fell thru and me being me... didnt contact her since Pakistan. I hope she's still following my blog though? *wink*

To all these friends, i wanna say i appreciate you. =)

While i've been making friends with HIS friends and BCOS of him (since i write about being married to Pakistani and all), he, on the other hand, feels totally uncomfortable with my lot.

Yeah lah we are all Malays and we tend to chatter in our own lang and when we meet, we will all get excited and forgot our husbands! LOL... and while the girls are friends for almost 20 years (right?) ALL the husbands are pretty new with themselves... ALL of them are uncomfortable with each other with nothing much in common save for Raizan who is as peramah / friendly as his wife! haha...

But Z is sooooo uncomfortable that he has asked me to attend the next gathering ALONE! NO FREAKING WAY. It's the two of us or nothing at all. So i guess u can go to JB after all, girls. Dont mind us.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 glasses of Juice: